dont detect my partition

dirtaddshp

7 posts in this topic

Go to the Utilities menu and select Disk Utility.

On the left, select your FAT32 partition. On the right, select Erase. Be sure that it is set to MacOS Extended Journaled and click the erase button.

Quit Disk Utility.

Now select the freshly formatted partition for installation.

When you get to the screen with the Install button, first click on the Customize button. Then click on the little arrow in front of the patches category. Select packages for your computer. Select Intel or AMD packages, not both. Select SSE2 or SSE3, not both, depending upon the capability of your processor. Select the Combo Update to get the latest OS version. Select any other packages you are sure are needed by your computer.

Go to the Utilities menu and select Disk Utility.

On the left, select your FAT32 partition. On the right, select Erase. Be sure that it is set to MacOS Extended Journaled and click the erase button.

Quit Disk Utility.

Now select the freshly formatted partition for installation.

When you get to the screen with the Install button, first click on the Customize button. Then click on the little arrow in front of the patches category. Select packages for your computer. Select Intel or AMD packages, not both. Select SSE2 or SSE3, not both, depending upon the capability of your processor. Select the Combo Update to get the latest OS version. Select any other packages you are sure are needed by your computer.

ah cool! but when it was verifying the cd it said it has some scratches on it or something. i just pressed ignore and continue.

Yep, you have several options. Do a search for Acronis or Chain0. Or press f8 after your pc has posted to get the Darwin boot loader. Or use ultimate boot cd to set an active partition,

Andy

ok i actully used linux to make it my active partition but now i get this apple.boot.plist not found message...