40 GB WD IDE hard disk

new computer:

amd64 X2 3800+ oced @ 2.4GHz

same

same

same

80GB Maxtor HDD IDE

trying to install OSX 10.4.6 patched version

It worked perfectly with my first setup. I had to change hard disk so had to wipe off OSX. Now after upgrading and stuff I Installed OSX again and it wont boot up!!!! OMG!!!! it says Verrifying DMI pool data....... and after that nothing happens. ARGHH its driving me nuts i've been trying for 4 hours now!! first I couldnt get the hard disk running

also there is another problem. the installation is jerky...the loading bar gets stuck and goes again... I am guessing it doesnt like dual core :/

:D:spam::spam:

please help

Format the whole drive using a Windows or Linux disk/partition utility. Format it as FAT32. This will ensure establishing the correct MBR partitioning needed for booting with a PC BIOS.

Then, when you get into Disk Utility, on the left side, you will see the hard drive at the top and right below that the single partition that covers most of the hard drive. Select that partition and format (erase) it as MacOS Extended Journaled.

nothing... still same results...

any thing else I should do?

edit: this is what I did... formated my drive with FAT32 file system and then using disk utility erased it and made it "mac extended(journaled)" hdd

and successfully installed mac ...but nothing happens after "verifying poll data...." computer just sits there