'Hibernate image too old' + 'Sudo: must be setuid root'

apocalypseon

16 posts in this topic

I had asked this question in the 'Lenovo B570' Guide thread under the notebook forums. But considering the last activity was in january, I decided to start a thread here.

Notebook is a Lenovo B570e with a i3-2350m processor & 2 GB ram. Used macinsane's guide. Currently stuck with a 'Hibernate image too old' message on OS X boot. Here's some background into how I went about installing OS X Lion.

I had already installed Windows 7. I wanted to dual boot with Lion, from two partitions on the same hard drive. There were 4 existing partitions. 1 - Windows 7. 2 & 3 - Data. 4- System Reserved. I formatted one of the data partitions, to Mac OS X Extended Journaled, with MBR Partition Table. Using disk utility as explained in the guide.

Restored the iAtkos L1 Lion dmg file, to an 8 GB USB flash drive, using a friend's Macbook Pro. I tried to follow the guide to a tee, including the smbios.plist & kext file. I had to shuttle back & forth between macinsane's guide, micred's Mountain Lion guide and rockinron's All-in-one guide to Vanilla Mountain Lion guide, for some bits. This was because I couldn't figure out the 'ShowAllFiles' part. Nor, the 'restoring' part. Since I've never used a Mac. Next, I installed Chameleon bootloader to the flash drive with GraphicsEnabler on.

Booted with the flash drive. Checked the AHCI Sata option. RealtekRTL81xx.kext. PS/2 kexts. FakeSMC and disablers. Installed Lion to the Mac OS Journaled partition. On first boot, the GUI loaded straight away. Didn't have to copy the smbios.plist file again. Plugged in the USB keyboard. Rebooted to read up on the post-install part.

Windows wouldn't boot. Stuck on the blinking cursor. I reformatted & installed Windows 7 again. Now, the boot to OS X option wouldn't appear. So I added an entry in EasyBCD for an 'EFI' Mac OSX. This time, I selected OS X, but after a few screens, it gave out the 'Hibernate image too old by {censored} seconds. Use Forcewake = y?' message & rebooted the computer.

I booted to iAtkos through the flash drive & typed "$ sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0" and "$ sudo nvram "use-nvramrc?"=false" in terminal. It gave out a 'sudo: must be setuid root' message. Repaired the permissions on the OS X partition with disk utility. It still gave the same error. Booted to OS X through the iAtkos drive & added the lines "<key>Wake</key>" & "<string>no</string>" to the org.chameleon.Boot.plist file in the Extra folder & saved it. I forgot to copy it to the desktop. Wen't back & copied & it still gave the same error.

Basically, I can only boot into OS X through the iAtkos USB flash drive. I'd really like some direction here. Should I go about trying to fix the 'Hibernate image too old' problem. Or just reinstall Windows 7 & OS X and using Gparted to create partitions?

if you can access your system go for app Terminal and try this: ML 10.8

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0

sudo rm /private/var/vm/sleepimage

sudo touch /private/var/vm/sleepimage

sudo chflags uchg /private/var/vm/sleepimage

Hi iFIRE. Thanks for replying. I am sorry I took so much time to reply. I have tried the first command in terminal. It gave me the 'sudo: must be setuid root' error, which I mentioned in my post. I'll the other commands, since I haven't tried them before. Also, this seems to be for Mountain Lion? I'm on Lion. I should have made this more clear. Should it still work?

Thanks for the jet speed reply once again! I am gonna try that right away. By the way.. I am supposed to run each line of code separately and press enter right? Or it doesnt matter?

So I'll boot through the iAtkos usb stick into OS X. And from there, create a new account? Well, I'll try that. Thanks very much for your help, until now, iFIRE. It's 1:52 am here in India though. So, I can report back tomorrow.

No man. Tried it. Booted to OSX through iAtkos usb drive. Made a new account with admin priveleges. Rebooted and logged into the new account. Then tried booting OS X. Same hibernate image message.

• 2 weeks later...

My friend, iFIRE, I'm happy to report that everything is stable now. I'm still using the usb stick to boot osx through chameleon though. Maybe I'll try adding an entry through easybcd. Or maybe installing chameleon to the osx parition. What do you suggest.

I have one little problem. I installed these kext files, http://nawcom.com/osx86/files/10.6/PS2/VoodooPS2Controller/kexts/, minus the voodootrackpad. Trackpad is jittery. I use an external mouse in it's place. However, after returning from sleep, trackpad works smoothly. Is there any fix? Also, how can I uninstall kexts from kextwizard?

Thank you for your patient and point-to-pont support. I owe my gratitude to you.