Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

No sound in Mountain Lion

3 posts in this topic

Hello all - I need help!

I have built my first Hackintosh. I have used a Gigabyte Z77-UD5H, with an Asus GTX660Ti 2GB Graphics Card included in my set up. I have installed Mountain Lion 10.8.2 and most things are working except the sound.

I believe that I have to update the AppleHDA.kext and the AppleHDAenabler.kext. Is there anybody who is willing to walk me through doing this in detail?

I am getting very frustrated and impatient! I'm also probably being a but thick.

Hi and welcome,

If you have the kexts, you can use a utility called Kext Drop to install them. Open the application, drag and drop the kexts on the application, give in the password, and it will do the rest for you.

You can find it here: http://www.groths.org/kext-drop/

Reboot after installing them.

If you do not have the kexts yet, you can use the forum search, found on the right top corner of this page.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply. I found the ALC898 AppleHDA.kext bundled with the AppleHDAenabler.kext on here. I copied them to my desktop and then used kext beast to install them however this did not work. Do i have to adjust anything when I get them on to my machine or should they just work? If I do need to adjust anything then I will need more help!

Thanks again,

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Chany
      Hi All,

I did a hackintosh long ago and I've decided to try it again. Everything is working great thanks to this build http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-builds/130386-i7-4930k-asus-rampage-iv-extreme-32gb-ram-gtx-770-4gb-success.html as my hardware is very similar. The only problem I'm having is that my audio settings using the Midi Tool (to get 5.1 audio) is not saving and the output completely disappears on reboot. It also defaults back to digital audio out.
      I'm quite happy to provide any kexts or plists you might need!
      Anyone have any ideas? I hope its something simple as I'm really happy with how its working!
    • By avkills
      Audio was not working; was lagging and intermittent, fixed it using Toledo's guide:
      Thanks for the work on this Toledo (and others).  Very easy and helpful.
    • By Marta Reis
      Oi gente,
      Fiquei sem audio no meu sistema. Não consigo identificar o que provocou esse problema. Não sei porque ele de repente se desactivou.
      Para recuperar o audio eu  fiz muitas tentativas diferentes, me sinto muito perdida. 
      Tentei dois metodos:
      1- cloverALC/Clover patched
      2- Realtek ALC AppleHDA Audio Patch Methods
      Audio ID: 3
      Estou usando UEFI Clover com uma mobo z77x-UP5-TH (ALC 898) - Mavericks 10.9.3
      Espero fornecer informação suficientemente detalhada nos ficheiros em anexo. Preciso muito de sugestões e ajuda para ultrapassar esse problema    
    • By ac3bcn
      This file is AppleHDA 2.6.1f2 from Mavericks 10.9.3 Update. Was patched using Toleda's patches and guides for AppleHDA 10.9
      Works for me on a GA Z77X UP5 TH motherboard.
    • By JMWRainwater
      For the life of me, I cannot get my rig to properly produce sound. Everything else works perfectly and smoothly, except for this very important aspect.
      Not sure if this matters, but I do have to boot in safe mode every time. 
      I have done every guide I can find for installing the ALC898 kext properly, but it just does not seem to work. Does me having to boot in safe mode mess me up? Am I just missing something?
      (I also cannot get my WiFi card to work, but I understand that's a totally different process and board section, but if anyone has notes on that, I'd appreciate it)
      My rig is as follows:
      Obsidian 660T Case
      ASRock Z77 Xtreme 4
      i7 3770k 
      32gb RAM (4x 8gb)
      2TB HDD, 256gb SSD, 128gb SSD (with Windows 8/1TB, OSX/256SSD)
      2x GeForce GTX 660 ti 3gb SLI 
      Dedicated Sound card onboard
      Blu Ray burner/Reader 12x
      Wifi/Bluetooth Card

Monitor: 27" Samsung HDMI 1920X1080 monitor 2hz refresh rate
      Keyboard: SteelSeries Merc USB Wired 
      Mouse: Razer DeathAdder