Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

Corsair Vengeance 1500

3 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone,

I managed to install OSX (Mountain Lion) very cleanly, but the only thing that gives me trouble is my USB headset:

- Playing music or videos sounds great

- Using VOIP application like TeamSpeak work perfectly

- Volume is extremely loud (Set to 1% and still painful)

I realise that Corsair doesn't have OSX drivers, but being a USB device and having great sound means it must be working right?

So why the extreme volume output? is there a way to reduce this outrageous volume?

I don't want to worry about damaging my ears :-O!

Thanks in advance, I appreciate any feedback!

You are saying the audio controls on the headset are giving just 2 adjustments an extremly loud sound or no sound at all? Have you tested with another computer?

Hello Thanks for your reply!

I'm not actually using the volume controls, I'm using the volume slider in OSX, I need to set that slider to 1% in order for the volume to be bearable.

I have tried this on a real MBP and on a PC and the headset functions fine on those.