• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
Harry Seaward

Boot from ModCD, SL Retail DVD does not mount

1 post in this topic

I'm trying to install SL on an ASUS M4A78-EM with an AMD X2 250.

I can boot from ModCD and I get the screen showing the icons of disks and the various prompts, including the 'eject, swap and press F5'. I do that with a Retail OS X SL DVD and the ModCD icon disappears leaving the other disk icons, but nothing else happens.

The SL Retail DVD mounts in Lepoard and I can start the installer but when I get to where it asks me to pick a disk to install to, it tells me "this disk cannot be used to start up your computer". I didn't expect to be able to upgrade directly from Leopard, but I was just testing that the DVD did mount and was readable.

Any suggestions? I was going to try the i.B.o.o.t Legacy and M.u.l.t.i.b.e.a.s.t method.

(Sorry for the . . . business but the forum #'ed the names without this.)

EDIT:

I solved this by using a different retail .dmg and burning a new DVD. SL is now installed and I have a new set of problems, but I'll start a new thread for that.