Little Problemo

WilBUR

9 posts in this topic

It seems while I was giving OSX its 6.5GB on my secondary hard drive, windows made it disappear. Although I can still see it in device manager and PartitionMagic Pro. Windows Explorer does not display it what so ever. Any ideas? So i can get the MAC ball rolling

I used PartitionMagic Pro, I clicked resize. Made the partition big by 1GB so attempted to rejoin them together and windows made it go poof. I can still use defrag, checkdisk, and see it in PartitionMagic Pro -- but I can not get to it.

Thanks for the fast replay!

Guest bikedude880

You say it's a seperate hard disk? If there are no other partitions on it that you desperately need, I would recommend reformatting the entire hard drive through Windows. If you do need the data, then you will need to fix the MBR. You can do this from the Windows install cd and going to the recovery console. Microsoft Windows XP - Fixmbr

Windows found it. I had to format then rename it to like Drive Z instead of D. But could you explain the hard drive process because I think I am a little slow.

When I resize it using PartitionMagic Pro.

Current: 38146.5

Min: 141.2

Max 38146.5

What should the new size be (6.5GB) in terms of MB for the input?

Guest bikedude880

6.5GB in MB is 6656. Basically multiply the GB number by 1024 to get MB. I would recommend something bigger if you can spare it, assuming it's for OS X.