• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
adrianl93

need help installing Snow Leopard on HP laptop

1 post in this topic

Hello everyone. First of all, I would like you to know that I recently discovered the OSx68 project and I find it pretty awesome. So I tried installing OSX using different methods, but all have failed. Couldn't reach the installer. My laptop specs are:

Model:HP Pavilion DV5-1005eg

Chipset:AMD 780G

Southbridge:AMD SB700

CPU: AMD Athlon X2 QL-60 1.9 GHz MMX(+), 3DNow(+), SSE(1,2,3), x86-64, AMD-v

BIOS: Hewlett-Packard F.11 from 08/06/2008 (the most unconfigurable BIOS in history. Only thing I can configure is the Boot order)

RAM: 3 GB on 1512 MHz

Graphics: ATI radeon HD 3470M

Ethernet: Realtek RTL 8xxx

Audio: IDT HD Audio

WLAN: Atheros AR5007

So... what I tried:

-First I tried iATKOS v7, but to no succes. First I encountered "Still waiting for root device" and I fixed it with "rd=disk0", but after that I got a kernel panic. Something like "Unable to find drivers for this platform ACPI"

-Same result with Kalyway 10.5.1

- I then downloaded ###### Legacy, but it wouldn't boot

-The furthest i got was using nawcom's ModCD and the retail 10.6.3 SL disk, but it god stuck at "Waiting for DSMOS". After searching on the internet i found that i have to delete "Don't Steal Mac OS X.kext" and install "FakeSMC.kext" to S/L/E on the retail DMG. No result, still Waiting for DSMOS. The last thing i did was to boot the retail dvd with "-f -v rd(0,0)/Extra/modbin_kernel hd(16,1)/System/Library/Extensions/fakesmc.kext". Note that hd(16,1) is my cdrom. This resulted in "Still waiting for root device", and after adding "rd=disk0" i got to "Unable to mount root errno=19".

I also tried any combination of the following parameters: -f -v -x arch=i386 -force64 cpus=1 busratio=20

I don't know what more i can do so that's why I came here to ask for help. Hope somebody hears my cry of help.