Mac OS X Tiger 10.4.7 X86-HOTiSO

copo

7 posts in this topic

Hi there.

I just downloaded this version of OSX86 but i can't figure out what to do with it.

When i unrar, i'm presented with a *.dmg file.

How can i burn this into a bootable disc? Tried ultraiso, magiciso and so on without sucess.

It is a compressed DMG and can only be opened under OSX. The DMG cannot be opened with typical tools in Windows which ordinarily would open a DMG.

You need to find the following: Mac OS X 10.4.7 AMD/Intel (JaS) ISO Repack

This repack has taken the DMG and converted it to an iso and then rar'd it so that you can access it in Windows.

Rammjet, maybe if i run osx86 under vmware (10.4.3 version) and convert it using osx it will work... or not?

Should work.

Sorry guys!, but you can open with UltraISO under Win32 and burn on it!

Sorry, mrbig, not this one. UltraISO, Transmac and DMG2ISO among other things have all been tried against this compressed DMG and have failed. The resulting iso image comes out too small and won't boot. There is an 11-page thread about this where all known solutions were tried and failed. It can only be successfully opened in OSX.

I can't comment on the HOT ISO mentioned in the above post, but the JaS 10.4.7 DMG wouldn't burn for me using my 10.4.6 OSx86 install (froze at the beginning of the burn - which may have been a hardware related rpoblem, but anyway...). I also tried a couple of methods for burning the image in OSx86 and XP, but the resultant discs were non-bootable coasters.

What I had to do was:

1) open the DMG image in OSx86 10.4.6's Disk Utility, then save/convert it as a CDR image.

2) transfer the 3.99GB CDR file to windows XP

3) change the '.cdr' extension to '.iso'

4) burn the iso using Nero

Hope this helps.