Help: Root error on Acer 5002

Nipun

16 posts in this topic

I have an Acer Aspire 5002 NWLMi with:

1. AMD Turion 64 ML - 30 processor

2. 512 MB RAM

3. DVD Writer.

I downloaded and burned Mac-OS-X-10.4.7-AMD.Intel-(JaS)-ISO-Repack. While booting of this dvd, with -v option, I get a still waiting for root error. Now I have browsed the forums and the common solution is to make the hdd primary master. But this being a laptop, I don't think this can be done.

Another solution that I saw in the forums is to patch the installation. Do I patch the ISO and then burn it or patch during the installation (latter is not possible due to "still waiting for root" error while booting from the install dvd).

Can anyone point me to right direction? I also have with me a Rewritable DVD and a 40 GB USB drive. So I can patch the iso and rewrite it again if that will help. Or I can use the USB disk for the install if theres a way to do that.

Waiting for replies.

I have an Acer Aspire 5002 NWLMi with:

1. AMD Turion 64 ML - 30 processor

2. 512 MB RAM

3. DVD Writer.

I downloaded and burned Mac-OS-X-10.4.7-AMD.Intel-(JaS)-ISO-Repack. While booting of this dvd, with -v option, I get a still waiting for root error. Now I have browsed the forums and the common solution is to make the hdd primary master. But this being a laptop, I don't think this can be done.

Another solution that I saw in the forums is to patch the installation. Do I patch the ISO and then burn it or patch during the installation (latter is not possible due to "still waiting for root" error while booting from the install dvd).

Can anyone point me to right direction? I also have with me a Rewritable DVD and a 40 GB USB drive. So I can patch the iso and rewrite it again if that will help. Or I can use the USB disk for the install if theres a way to do that.

Waiting for replies.

Im pretty much sure you can do it, check your BIOS and see which is not on the master, your HD or DVD. switch whatever one to the master, and the issuse shhould be fixed.

I have been in the bios almost a dozen times, but there is not such option. Acer Bios is pretty limited in terms of funtionality. There is only an option to choose the boot priority, and the usual date and time options. Nothing else.

Olá!

I have a Acer 5601 AWLMi and all you have to do is hit the F12 key and boot from the DVD, when the bios logo appear (be sure to enable the F12 key first in your bios). :)

Adeus!

P.S. - Sorry for the mistakes! Bad english... mm-kay?

• 1 month later...

I have a 5002 Acer as well. I am not able to boot up from the OS X 10.4.4, 10.4.5, or 10.4.6 DVD either. The only way I can see where it has installed it is using VMWare, which I am currently still working on. I did find a Video guide on how to do this however, and so far, its installing. As far as dual boot, I am not sure how to get that to work yet.

http://blog.adonias.cl/leer.php?id=78&Lang=EN

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

Did you get any further with this? I have the same Acer 5002 WLMI and I would love to get OS X working on it, I'm getting down the HOTISO 10.4.7 DVD. Going to give that a try and see if I can get it working.

Please post any success stories or troubleshooting tips!

cheers

Well, I tried both the tubgirl and Jas (both un/patched) latest releases, and both give still waiting for root errors. Using some of the methods described here, I get past the root error only to get the kernel panic. I myself was thinking of downloading the HOTISO release, so if you can get it to work, please post here. :)

I have an Acer 5000 (along the same lines) with the same processor and stuff. I believe the problem all lie within our MoBos because the SiS chipset so far is not supportive. Somewhere, bikerdude (is somewhat his post name) is supposedly working on a fix for our SiS chipsets.

Word

*edit*

Here is the thread explaining the whole SiS {censored}: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=darwin+sis+ata

Edited by HalfLife

• 2 months later...