10 posts in this topic

Hi There

Who can help. I a a newbie. For the third time today I managed to install iAtkos L2 from scratch (takes about an hour).

The problem is the audio. When I load the drivers from iAtkos, booting fails (except when applying -x)

Without installing the drivers (second installation) there is no sound and no ehernet-connection.

Third install with network-drivers (wired) but without audio, produces a working ethernet connection but no sound. And...it can only start in failsafe (-x).

What can I do to install the audio. I know the audio drivers are available as a download kext, but will they be working since I need to start in failsafe mode?

If someone out there knows how it can be done and can explain it in newbie language, I would be very grateful.

Edited by Robberjack
Even a newbie can say "Hello" or "Hi" before asking a question or seeking help. Please remember that you are in a public forum, a bit of courtesy is always welcome.

Good morning on this grey, wet day in the Netherlands,

Thank you for the kind attention to my request, i did learn that there are real people reading this forum.

The specs of the pc: p5q vm do motherboard, quadcore intel processor. Nothing particular attached yet.

Video: nvidia geforce 460.

My question is not really about what to install, more if you can uninstalll drivers that you don't need in order to avoid always having to start in failsafe mode.

Any tip would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for the kind attention to my request, i did learn that there are real people reading this forum.

there are many more ! :)

The specs of the pc: p5q vm do motherboard, quadcore intel processor. Nothing particular attached yet.

Video: nvidia geforce 460.

then you can use the search feature, there are many tuto of "how to" do a retail install of OS X. Like Rampage Dev said it, you have a LGA 775 system, so it must be very easy to install OS X on it !

Forum rules and posting guidelines:

If you have a question please do your best to use the search feature and search the forum before creating a new topic.

good luck ! ;)

• Like 1

Thx,

Yes, it should be easy but it's not.

The problem is the BIOS 0403 cannot allow the cd-rom to be excluded from AHCI storage. So for installing from a dvd storage always needs to be set to IDE (otherwise the cd-rom is not recognized correctly).

then after the installation, again it must be set to AHCI, otherwise bootfailure. :wallbash:

But, I'll try the suggestion with the USB-stick...I wont need the cd-rom in that case.

I'll hope to report that it works,

CU

@Rampage Dev

Thank you for your help, it has unfortunately a minor flaw: 'you need a mac to make mac'

I don't have one, I don't live in an area with widespread mac-users.

Unfortunately the suggested method with MyHack cannot work on a failsafe booted mac.

So, no luck thus far.

CU

@Rampage Dev

Thank you for your help, it has unfortunately a minor flaw: 'you need a mac to make mac'

I don't have one, I don't live in an area with widespread mac-users.

Unfortunately the suggested method with MyHack cannot work on a failsafe booted mac.

So, no luck thus far.

CU

It's not a minor flaw when it is says that you need to do this on mac.

Then find a guide that has you make the drive manualy since you can get into the install using safe mode.

• Like 1

@fantomas1

Merci, it will surely have it's own problems, but i saw a nice tutorial about it, suggesting the setup would not take more than 30 minutes.

So far I think I can claim a decent place in the Guiness Book of Records for longest unsuccesful attempt of installng a mac on an asus P5Q-vm motherboard (135 hours and still going on).

Then find a guide that has you make the drive manualy since you can get into the install using safe mode

Update, no luck yet with the manually prepared chameleon boot-usb. Funny enough in verbose mode (-v) it hangs precisely at the same moment as with the unsuccesful iAtkos install (installing the nvidia driver and just after it could not locate the ACPI-path). Only now it does not start in -x (failsafe) mode, so I'm back at iAtkos, and yes, still in failsafe mode.

Further suggestions are :welcomeani: