Notebook Council for Future Hack Mountain Lion

antoniodapc

7 posts in this topic

I'd think you should check this page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacBook_Pro

Study hardware used and select a similar PC like this for instance (I don't have it so don't ask if it works):

DELL Vostro 3560 Brass 15.6 HD (1366 x 768) WLED Anti-Glare, Core i5-3210M 2.5GHz/3MB, Intel HD Graphics 4000, 2x2GB DDR3-1600, SATA 500GB 7200rpm, DL DVD-/+R, Bluetooth+WLAN 802.11b/g/n, Ubuntu/3xUSB3.0/VGA/HDMI/Express/8-in-1 Card reader/Camera/6 cell b

This one is similar to mid 2012 MacBook Pro 13" model. It cost (locally) about 710 EURO (with Linux) or about 800 EURO (with Windows 7HP 64-bit).

Ok .

ok thanks,

but my: question and the Following:

if I 'll take one of these,

-

N56VZ-S3009V - ASUS N56VZ-S3009V Core i7-3610QM 6GB*DDR3 1TB NVIDIA GT650M

NOTEBOOK ACER V3-771G ~ CORE i5 ~ 16GB RAM ~ NVIDIA GT 650M

how many chances I have that the card nvidia 650m work ?

NVIDIA GT 650M - should work (with latest Nvidia drivers).

Asus looks better to me. Though I don't know which Audio/WiFI/LAN/etc. devices are in both, so can't tell if everything will work. Perhaps you should search this forum for more info on compatibility.

Another thing to consider is CPU. IMO for notebooks i5 is a better alternative due to lower then i7 power consumption, while not that much is lost in performance (unless you need this notebook for application using CPU heavily). i5 equipped notebooks (for the same price as with i7) will most likely have a better display and/or HDD (or even SSD). Unless you really need a big display, you should consider buying 15" notebook, as these usually weight less then 17" and are smaller therefore are more convenient to carry around (esp. if you carry it more then 30min a day). Again 15" notebooks (for the same price as 17") would be better equipped, so you would get a better hardware for your money.