Managing Permissions - Question

Wreckless Hype

2 posts in this topic

First, I come from a Windows only background and was thrown into a Mac environment that's in shambles and was told to make it work. So far, I think I'm doing ok. I'm having little issues that I can't seem to find much documentation on and so here I am.

We have an XServe running 10.6.8, workstations are running the same, we have about 150, there's 20 of those running 10.7.5. The XServe manages most settings, the workstations are very locked down. When users we logging, they were getting two errors:

"You don't have permission to use the application 'UpdaterStartupUtility'" - I have Flash installed on every computer; this error comes up which I seem to have cleared up by removing the com.adobe.AAM plist from my LauncherAgents. So far, that seems to be clearing up that issue, but I need to push it out as a command to 150 computers or I'll be here for a week doing it manually. I tried the simple remove file command with sudo and got nothing. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

"You don't have permission to use the application 'Perian'" - I have this installed on every computer also. Most of the users get this and I can't seem to get around it. I have no idea how to assign permissions to an item in the Utilities pane. Using WorkGroup Manager, I push out these permissions and I can't get Perian in there. Again, I need some sort of remote administration for this.

Any ideas? Thanks for any help!

• 2 months later...