Wirelss cuts out and os x freezes :(

TNCEKM

3 posts in this topic

Okay, so I've been having a couple problems lately that I can't seem to resolve.

In short, if either my wireless nic cuts out OR if a network fileserver (smb protocol) that I'm connected to is turned off OS X freezes on me. Its pretty annoying b/c my wireless gets dropped frequently and it happens at least once a day.

Add that with the fact that OS X has pretty crappy media support and I've been bumbed laterly ;) (VLC is decent if I run PPC on an x86 using rosetta crashing goes to a minimum, but still happens).

Anyway, sorry bout the short tangent. What I'm asking here is, does anybody know how I could possibly stop the freezes caused by the wireless and smb connection being dropped?

Thanks, I appreciate it very much! I've been trying to figure this out for a while and am stuck.

Just an FYI for anyone who may be having the same problem, I disabled Airport by switching en1 to en0 and 1 to 0 in /Library/Preferences/Systemconfiguration/Networkinterfaces.plist and then removing my existing profile from Network Connections in System Preferences, then I used iStumbler and all of my issues were resolved. No freezes at all.