Mountain Lion installed just ironing out some kinks

b0dyr0ck2008

42 posts in this topic

try delete all Graphics kexts from your disk/S/L/E and boot with -f -v , I don't understand why this not boot, chameleon not load SMBIOS and boot.plist , try again!!!!

Yes, all Graphics kexts, first backup the kexts

man, go for System/Library/Extensions of your disk were you installed the system ML, backup all Graphics kexts FIRST, then delete all graphics kext from S/L/E, now boot with this boot flag and post screenshot if not boot.

-f -v cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000

try this, boot from USBInstaller, then select for boot your disk ML where you installed the System with this boot flag:

-f -v cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000

install log says //extra which obviously isnt creating a folder at root.!!! the folder Extra you must copy by hand for you hard disk

ML where you installed the System, or this not work

I don't need those flags I can boot into system from USB fine.

Manually added /Extra folder

post-158008-13486769153705_thumb.jpg

Org.chameleon.boot.plist and smbios.plist along with /extensions folder (from your files before)

post-158008-13486769347983_thumb.jpg

And still doesn't boot or read chameleon plist or smbios

now copy all kexts from Extra/Extensions of your disk for the desktop and delete folder Extensions, open app KextWizard and pull all kext for app and install for S/L/E of your System, RepairPermissiosn/RebuildCaches with KextWizard and reboot, if your sytem don't boot, try boot with USBinstaller and reinstall the boot loader for your disk ML.

ufff!!!!

1. now copy all kexts fromExtra/Extensions to desktop

2.delete folder Extensions from Extra

3.open app KextWizard and pull all kextwhat you copy to desktop for app and install for S/L/E of your System

4.RepairPermissiosn/RebuildCaches with KextWizard and reboot,

5.boot from your Disk, if your sytem don't boot, try boot with USBinstaller and reinstall the boot loader for your disk ML.

Ok so I made a new partition on a different hard drive and tried again and still have the same problem yet if I boot from USB everything works fine.

I have two hard drives with four partitions on each. Windows 7 on hard drive 1 and storage for games, music etc on hard drive 2.

Originally I made the mac partition on the windows drive and thought that might be why I was having problems so made a new partition on the storage drive but still came across all the same issues.

I think the next step is to remove the windows drive and start fresh with just the storage drive and see how I get on

• 2 weeks later...