Inspiron 2650 Woes

spiffyfitz

3 posts in this topic

After getting fedup with Windows, I decided osx86 would seem great on my Dell Inspiron 2650 laptop.

I've never put it on there before and I was expecting the keyboard and trackpad not to work, like most other people with the same model. Of course, the keyboard and trackpad do not work, and every time I reboot i get the error:

The system extension "/system/library/extensions/appleAC97Audio.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product's vendor for an update.

I also get the same error a few more times for some other relevant devices, such as ApplePS2Controller.

I've been searching for a few hours, trying little things. i repaired permissions and checked to see if they were even in the System/Library/Extensions folder, and they are all there... but something must still be wrong!

Can anyone help me?

Thanks! That worked perfectly!

Well, except now I have two network devices that need tending to...

One is an internal Ethernet thing, it's grayed out in the network adapter list.

Another is a (trivial) PCMCIA wifi card which uses an ADMtek chipset. It doesn't light up when plugged in, so mac os probably wants a driver for the PCMCIA bus along with the ADMtek card.

I'll do some more searching...