Jump to content

Any Solution? - "An unknown error has occurred"


6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I have just setup an Optiplex 755 specs are below. When I try to login with an Apple ID to be able to access the Mac App store I get the following error "An unknown error has occurred" most people report this issue as an incorrect ethernet adaptor. I've tried several things suggested from installing an AppleIntelE1000e.kext the blowing away the NetworkInterfaces.plist and deleting and rebuilding the network connection under preferences to ensure en0 was the ethernet connection being used and repaired permissions, so far nothing has worked.


Optiplex 755

- BIOS A19

- Q6700 - 2.66 GHz Core 2 Quad

- 4GB (2x 2GB) Samsung DDR2 Memory

- Integrated Intel 82566DM Ethernet (enabled with Intel82566MM.kext and AppleIntelE1000e.kext)

- Integrated ADI 1984 High Definition Audio (enabled with VoodooHDA.kext)

- EVGA Geforce 8000GT (enabled with NVEnabler64.kext)


I've attached some images showing system reports and Preference settings incase they help.




Link to comment
Share on other sites

(For me) you need a new serial number in order for your apple id to run with the new OS..download chameleon wizard and under the SMBios tab, click edit, and then generate a new serial. Reboot and you should be good to go. :thumbsup_anim:

Along with this I am still using





After I saved and rebooted


NetworkInterfaces.plist now shows





All of the Apple applications are now able to authenticate.

Please report later if work :wink2:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks Husber, I'll give replacing the serial a shot.


Question, do you think if I have a serial number from a A1212 MacBook Pro (that has died) could I give it that number. It would be authentic however it wouldn't necessarily match the Mac Pro 3,1 that my system is reporting itself as.


Thanks Rampage Dev, I'll give that a look too!

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Create New...