Second hackintosh

danater

3 posts in this topic

I got the first hackintosh up and have busy playing in the world of the big iron so very little time for anything else.

So I am now building up a second hackintosh as my first one is now my moms replacement for her imac, poor thing got fried by a leaky roof.

not sure if I need to just link to my build list or copy it directly here. but Ill go out on a limb and link it here.

As before I need to have a monster of a machine, I will be running multiple virtual machines. I rarely have time to play games, graphics are NOT that important (I want it to be able to handle normal stuff but nothing beyond light video editing). This is intended to be a work only machine. I have in my collection right now on the macbook 9 virtual linux's, 2 windows, and a "minix" version of linux. All of which I plan on putting on the new monster. simply put, I dont have a whole lot of time and I need something that "just works" so if something is questionable please lemme know so I can modify it on the list. The original was dubbed "the monstar" by my 2 year old, so I will be dubbing this one "the monstar II". On with the build!

motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-D3H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

ram: Patriot Viper 3 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory

processor: Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor

CPU cooler:CORSAIR H100 (CWCH100) Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler

motherboard SSD: OCZ Nocti Series NOC-MSATA-120G mSATA 120GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

video card: EVGA 02G-P4-3660-KR GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI

power supply: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX850 V2 850W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE

hard drive: Hitachi GST Deskstar H3IK20003272SP (0S02861) 2TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

case: Corsair Special Edition White Graphite Series 600T Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

As always I do appreciate comments and questions

Thanks all for your time and patience