Installing Lion on a Dell Precision M6400 Help!

DarkerForce

2 posts in this topic

Hey, came across this forum and it's been a real help in trying to get my Dell Precision M6400 set-up as a first hackintosh! Gone from knowing nothing to a little in 3 days thanks to this forum

I need a hackintosh to work on my ibooks work since getting a mac is out the question(financially...)

I've tried following the guides here, but for the life of me it won't get to the install part (using iATKOS S3 v2 DVD)

I've tried enabling disable bits in the BIOS, setting the SATA Mode to AHCI(from RAID)

Using verbose mode with the iATKOS insallt (with different combo's of -f, -v, -x -y npci=0x2000, npci=0x3000, PCIRootUID=1, arch=x86_64 cpus=1)

and it always only gets to the PCI config part before stopping!

I read someone used the NAWcomms boots cd? to get past this stage, tried that it it still errors(kernel panic?)...Can anyone recommend what switches are needed with the M6400 to get past he PCI config page

Oh and my BIOS is a A07 upgraded to A12, still the same, I have a dual boot Win 7/Win 8 system(one HD) second internal HDD is GUID formatted blank drive(for Lion)

Hope someone can help!

ANy help I'm at my wits end, it's stuck around the PCI Configuration, I am trying to replace two kexk folders (AppleACPIPlatform.kext & IOPCIFamily.kext) on a USB installer but for the life i cant boot from it(despite following several guides) really need help!!! Please fellow M6400 hackintoshers?!