ATI HD Radeon 6xxx white screen fix Mountain Lion

rudolfzz111

3 posts in this topic

Hi

This is a fix for users having problems with ATI Radeon HD Graphics (6xxx) while trying to install Mountain Lion using ###### (Gets stuck at white screen after apple logo).

This is probably a issue with the ATI 6xxx kext.

This fix has been tested with ###### (Mountain Lion USB Installer)

FIX:

Once you are done with ###### (After the entire process of copying contents of ML app by ######) you need to open your usb and go to the following directory

USB/System/Library/Extensions, find ATI6000Controller.kext make a backup of it and delete it from the usb.

Next boot with ###### usb and start the installer with GraphicsEnabler=No

Once finished with the installation (Run Mountain Lion with GraphicsEnabler=No again but this time not usb but the hdd)

Then use any kext installer to install the backed up kext (ATI6000Controller.kext)

Reboot the system and this time run mac normally (you can use essential flags such as cpus=1)

Viola :star_smile: you have working graphics with the screen set according to your monitor (Should be by default). :thumbsup_anim::trumpet:

:jerry:

I have uploaded ATI6000Controller.kext that i have used in my Mountain Lion and ###### to install kexts in case you want it :plane:

In case you get this "######" its ###########

ATI HD Radeon 6xxx FIX ML.zip

Edited by fantomas1
Discussion of commercial spin-offs of the OSx86 scene is allowed if it’s to understand their existence, but no discussion of how to use them, nor any support for these commercial spin-offs are allowed as they are not in the spirit of the OSx86 scene.

• 1 month later...

Can you provide some detail on the ATI6000Controller.kext you uploaded?

Is this a modified 10.7 or 10.8 kext?

What are the modifications?

I am using a MSI 6850 card and followed the instructions for the install.

After the installation, when I boot with GraphicsEnabler=No, I don't get CI/QE and with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, the system hangs at boot.

Thanks

• Like 1