Dell Inspiron 530 - What is the best way to get a new DSDT

yelloguy

1 post in this topic

I have a Dell Inspiron 530 hackintoshed and running fine for some 3 years. I recently upgraded to ML and it runs fine. However I measured its power draw in "sleep" mode and it is no different than regular. In other words, sleep is not working. Compared to a Windows machine which dials down to 5W power draw when sleeping, it is really wasteful and makes me feel bad. So I am looking at a few options:

1. Getting rid of OSX and going Windows

2. Getting a new Hackintosh rig with no known sleep issues

3. Re-doing the DSDT

Assuming I try #3 first, what is the best way to re-do the DSDT on my currently working hack?

1. Should I start with the working DSDT.aml that is in use and try to add patch it?

2. Should I create a new DSDT.dsl and try to patch that?

3. Should I look for someone else's DSDT.dsl and patch that? There are a few DSDT zips floating around for my model on these boards. People have different processors, gfx cards and PCI cards than me. My PSU is changed too, so starting from someone else's DSDT may not be a good idea.

I guess I don't really know enough about DSDT to be sure. And specifically what patches do I need to make sleep work with my specific hardware. I have a Core 2 Quad, 6Gigs, SATA/AHCI/RAID mode, SSD+HDD, NVIDIA 8600 GTS, 1.0.18 BIOS and so on.

Thanks for any help in advance.