[How To] Busratio for i3,i5 and i7 Processor

HUSABER

1 post in this topic

Busratio for i3, i5 and i7 Processors

Someone ask- how to install Snow leopard/Lion on i5 processor, he still stuck with kernel panic after boot from dvd/usb. he try many osx86 dvds and retail dvds but problem is still the same.

why he get kernel panic or reboot after boot from dvd? the answer is because he not use custum “bootflag” for his computer.

For i7 proseccor i’m just add “busratio=20″. busratio=20 is for i7 920, its different for more i7, i5 or i3 processor. below is full list of busratio for i7, i5 and i3 processor. use this for installation with osx86 or retail DVD, maybe you will baypass kernel panic for “i” processor and successfull install osx86 on your PC.

How to add bootflag when your install osx86

simple, just boot from osx86 DVDs when chameleon appear press F8 and type:

Snow Leopard/Lion: “arch=i386 busratio=x” (32 bit mode) or “arch=x86_64 busratio=x” (64bit mode)

Note:

* x = correct number of busratio for your processor, find that number below.

** you can add more bootflag like “-v” “-f” and more

*** type bootflag without quote

busratio.jpg

after installations finished you still required type bootflag to enter osx operating system, without type bootflag you will get kernel panic. when you on osx desktop, you can edit com.apple.Boot.plist so you no need to type bootflag manualy anymore.

here to edit boot.plist

go to “/Root/Extra/ ” folder and copy com.apple.Boot.plist/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file to your desktop and open with TextEdit. like this:

<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”UTF-8″?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC “-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN” “http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd”>

<plist version=”1.0″>

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<
key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=x86_64 busratio=20</string>

<Key>Quiet Boot</key>

<string>Yes</string>

</dict>

</plist>

look at Kernel Flag section, there you enter the bootflag.

after you edit boot.plist now just replace com.apple.Boot.plist on /Root/Extra folder with new com.apple.Boot.plist/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file and now you ever need type bootflag again.

:wink2: