Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

Mac 10.8 installer not recognizing hard drive

2 posts in this topic

Specs of my new HP laptop

• Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
  • • 3rd generation Intel® Core™ i7-3610QM Processor (2.3 GHz, 6MB L3 Cache)
  • • NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 650M Graphics with 1GB GDDR5 memory [HDMI, VGA]
  • • 8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)

• • 750GB 7200 rpm Hybrid Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection

• • Intel 802.11b/g/n WLAN and Bluetooth®

basically when i start the installation process via usb i am able to get all the way to where i can choose what partition to install mac os x 10.8 to... but when i do, the part that asks me where to install it is blank, it does not display any hard drive at all...

my theory is because i have a hybrid hard drive... but im probably wrong, but does mac os x ML support hybrid hard drives? it should support any hard drives correct?

or maybe it is the usb itself... maybe for some reason the installer is trying to look for a partition on the usb instead of the laptop itself... i am not sure, do you know if this has ever occured? and if there is a way to get my hard drive detected so that i may dual boot Windows 7 and Mac os X 10.8 :)

Thanks in advnaced! hope you can help me....

the other thread where this problem originally occured can be found here....

wasnt getting a lot of help in the New users lounge (probably because only new users go their)

so i decided to stretch my options to a more experianced area of this forum... Again thank you! and hopefully i can get mac OS X ML running before the end of the week !! :D!

check if your bios is config ok, and put this two kexts in your Extra/Extensions SATA IDE.zip

6. Go back (ESC), go to Power Management

7. Set the ACPI Suspend Type to S3(STR)

8. Set HPET Mode to 64-bit mode

9. Save and Exit, by pressing F10