kernel panic with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

9 posts in this topic

I am getting a kernel panic which seems to be linked to AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, this is a picuture off Google similiar to what I see. This problem happened after I created my Extra folder using Muti-Beast. Booting in any mode gives me the same kernel panic, how can I delete the files on my Extra folder or is there another way to fix it?

panic1.jpg

Didn't know anyone had it working? Install NullCPUManagement for now.

I can't get to my desktop. I know my problem will be fixed if I delete my Extra folder, how do I do that?

Everything was working until I created the extra folder with the files inside it.

Thanks!

I can't get to my desktop. I know my problem will be fixed if I delete my Extra folder, how do I do that?

Everything was working until I created the extra folder with the files inside it.

Thanks!

Boot up into the installer and google how to delete folders from terminal.

Can you give me your path directory to the Extra Folder ?

I will just replace your username with mine.

There is no user name, Unix is different to Windows!

My Extra folder is here... /Volumes/MLion/Extra

To go here in terminal: cd /Volumes/MLion/Extra

Obviously change "MLion" to what your partition is called that Mountain Lion is installed onto.

• Like 1

There is no user name, Unix is different to Windows!

My Extra folder is here... /Volumes/MLion/Extra

To go here in terminal: cd /Volumes/MLion/Extra

Obviously change "MLion" to what your partition is called that Mountain Lion is installed onto.

I ended up re-installing Mountain Lion, but I might need this later if I ever face the same problem. I will delete the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement after installation takes place.

Thank you!

I ended up re-installing Mountain Lion, but I might need this later if I ever face the same problem. I will delete the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement after installation takes place.

Thank you!

You don't have to delete it, if you install NullCPUManagement it will replace it all for you.

Using U/MBeast isn't a good idea. Start from the bottom and work up the *beast stuff tends to lead people to throw everything at it and hope something sticks - not a good way of doing it.

To avoid that panic you need NullCPUPowerManagement Installed to get to desktop then get yourself a patched copy of AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.

If you don't do that the only way you're gonna get sleep is with sleep enabler and you'll have no speed-stepping.

• Like 1