Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Post Installation of Mac OS X Lion - Dell Studio 1558

3 posts in this topic

Hey Guys ,

I have successfully installed Mac OS X Lion from the Retail app Mac OS X Lion.app from the Appstore using the Maldon Guide by Restoring the BaseSystem.dmg on a usb(16gb) from a VMWare Mac.

After Installation I followed whatever was given there but none of it worked.

My Specs:-

Dell Studio 1558

Processor- Intel i5 M450(2.4GHz)

Graphics Card- ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470

My Graphics Card is not working(it is showing 1024x768)

No Sound.

Glitchy Screen..

whenever i install Kexts using Kext Utility or ###### and Restart I get Kernel Panic.

And That whatever be done does'nt go.

I have reinstalled Mac Lion 4 times but still never get anything to work.

The System shows Graphic to be 3MB.

Sometimes the TrackPad doesnt work after KExt,###### installation

Please Help

Do a clean install using myHack. Once you finish installing and are booting up the OS, use GraphicsEnabler=Yes AtiConfig=Hoolock. This will give you QE/CI. For PS2 trackpad, use this: http://www.osx86.net/view/1448-updated_trackpad+keyboard_ps2_32-64.html (download TRACKPAD.SYNAPTIC-GESTURE.zip). Use this to install the kexts: http://cvad-mac.narod2.ru/Kext_Utility/Kext_Utility.app.v2.5.1.zip

Here is guide for your Notebook. It's the Core i7 version, but has the same graphics card: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=259702

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Brik583
      Hello everybody,
      I post here today with a problem that I cannot seem to get around. I've been an occasional "Hacintosher" for a few years but this time I think it's out of my hands.
      This is my build :
      i7 7700k 4,2Ghz
      GTX 1080 ti
      I followed all the steps in different guides here and there. I first had to install Sierra without the GTX inside otherwise I didn't get any display.
      I then installed the drivers, put the card in and it was working. Everything is working : Audio, Ethernet etc... but I only get 640p with the GPU on my 4K display with DP, with HMDI it doesn't even work. So right now it's on a TV...
      Then I have two other problems.
      First, I cannot get a "clean" install of Sierra, every time I boot I need to keep the USB stick with the installer and first boot from it.
      Second, before I put the GTX, I wanted for the Integrated Graphics to work, because actually, I would like to keep the GTX only for rendering. But now that it's inside, neither my display nor my TV can get a signal from the MOBO while connected in HDMI or DP.
      Attached is my clover folder, if any of you guys have solutions for my problems it would be extremely appreciated !
      Thank you.
    • By Scr3w1912
      I installed Yosemite-Zone successfully into my Laptop without custom arguments, or kernel. Just the Clover's default args.
      So I restarted, and choose to boot OSX (through Clover) it restart without errors, same story with -v, -x, "no kext inject" and "ignore cache" (or something like that) always through Clover configuration menù. IDK if it has been removed but I never saw the Darwin Boot Loader not even in the installation. (I copied the Extra folder and the kernel from the Installation USB key to the Installed OSX)
      My spec:
      APU: AMD A6-4455M
      GFX: AMD Radeon HD 7500g
      MSB: Acer Havok V5-551 (UEFI Mode Enabled)
    • By pathosmusic
      Since my other post was vague and stopped getting responses, I will start threads based on each issue to see if that helps.
      So since I installed Yosemite and ran Vietnam with the Chameleon bootloader, almost everything is working except audio (i ordered a usb audio interface to get around this for now), and the biggest mystery for me is the Ethernet.
      Upon installation I selected the appropriate AppleIntelE1000e kext from Vietnam but my ethernet didn't work. I repaired permissions and kext cache using kext utility and then re-installed the AppleIntelE1000e kext from Vietnam. Restarted and internet worked.
      Shutdown my machine for the night and came back the next day to another issue with screens and desktops, and ethernet mysteriously stopped working again. I didn't think much of it and figured with all my tinkering with Model Identifiers and screen options I must have somehow messed up the Ethernet.
      - I repaired permissions and kext cache using kext utility and then re-installed the AppleIntelE1000e kext from Vietnam. Restarted and internet worked again.
      I kept my computer on for a while, Restarted a bunch of times and never had a problem.
      Turned off my computer again for the night, came back this morning to NO ETHERNET again. The kext is still in the S/L/E folder but nothing shows up under DPCI manager for ethernet.
      What could be happening here? Any info I can provide that will be helpful, lmk.
      Edit: I just restarted my computer while typing this and now ethernet is working again. I didn't repair or install anything, just simply restarted. Something must be happening on a shutdown overnight.
      Double Edit: I just confirmed this behavior by shutting down and waiting 2 minutes. Powered back up and had no ethernet. Restarted from that point and ethernet works.
    • By maxhelle97
      I have a Asus ux32 a and I have installed successfully mavericks with the help of [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].
      I can't get my internal wifi working which is a Intel Centrino advanced -n 6235.
      I have seen everywhere that it will never work with Mac OS.
      That fine since I have an external nano USB 150n wifi adapter which works.
      I need help because I don't know how to get the fn keys and the display and battery working
      Thank you for your help.
      I only need help to get the battery to be shown in the status bar now.
    • By osmanos
      hello guys need help here.
      soon my finals are going to start but i can't concentrate on them unless i get my Hackintosh fully working.
      after a lot of googling   i finally come up with qe/ci on my sony vaio vgn nw250F with Graphic Card of ATI radeon HD 4570 512mb. 
      My problem is that when i boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes i got black screen after complete boot, i think when I'm about to get login screen.
      but with graphics enabler is NO. i can boot with good with qe/ci working.
      OpenGL is not working cause VLC is giving me OPENGL error..
      My processor is burning also..
      here is my Darwin Report.
      hopes i will get HELP from you guys very soon.    its been so long on dealing with hackintosh that now eyes are hurting.
      Okay here is the big update.      
      by changing ati config from shrike to peregrine, I'm able to get my qe/ci everything working. but problem is can get display only on external monitor. not on my sony laptop LCD/LED...

NOW my Only problem is HOW TO GET TURN ON MY LAPTOP LCD... HELP ME OUT......
      thanks in advance