MAC OS X Lion on HP Dv6 1340ss

Dllop8

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

First of all sorry for my bad english, I'll try to explain my problem as well as I can.

I Have an HP Dv6 1340ss (two or three years ago) and I want to install Os X Lion on it. I have Lion in another two desktop computers (Installed with the same DVD, iAtkos L1) But in this laptop, when the DVD starts to load, appears a message on screen asking for reboot. I tried to enter with "-v" to see the error and I take a picture. (If you can't read the text tell me and I'll write the completely screen).

Thank you very much for reading.

post-1040267-0-26589200-1343767005_thumb.jpg

That's a kernel panic, but i can't see all the text. If you can, attach another image with full text.

Anyway, try to boot with these flags:

1. -v cpus=1
  2. -v GraphicsEnabler=No
  3. -v -x cpus=1

Thanks for your quickly reply!

I tried the first flag and stops here: [ PCI Configuration begin]

With the second flag stops in the same line as normal "-v"

And the last flag gives the same result as -v cpus=1 (But needs more time to show the PCI Configuration begin)

I go to make a good picture/s of the first kernel panic to show you.

Hi again, I made a new picture, I hope you can make zoom on it to read the problem ^^

post-1040267-0-06201900-1343773060_thumb.jpg

Oh, the kernel panic appears while you don't input the flag "cpus=1". So, try these flags:

1. npci=0x2000 -v cpus=1
  2. npci=0x3000 -v cpus=1
  3. npci=0x2000 -v -x cpus=1
  4. npci=0x3000 -v -x cpus=1

EDIT: also try these:

1. npci=0x2000 -v cpus=1 PCIRootUID=1
  2. npci=0x3000 -v cpus=1 PCIRootUID=1

If no flags is working, you should make an Lion/Mountain Lion Retail USB. If you need help to create it, PM me.

Oh, the kernel panic appears while you don't input the flag "cpus=1". So, try these flags:

1. npci=0x2000 -v cpus=1
  2. npci=0x3000 -v cpus=1
  3. npci=0x2000 -v -x cpus=1
  4. npci=0x3000 -v -x cpus=1

EDIT: also try these:

1. npci=0x2000 -v cpus=1 PCIRootUID=1
  2. npci=0x3000 -v cpus=1 PCIRootUID=1

If no flags is working, you should make an Lion/Mountain Lion Retail USB. If you need help to create it, PM me.

IT works! The first flag works and now I'm on the installation. Can I proceed with it? I'll need to put this flag every time I wan to boot my Mac?

EDIT: I booted the computer just the install has finished and in my screen appears: "boot0: error" how can I fix that?

Thanks a lot for your help and your time.

EDIT2: I followed this tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFirQxxwfD8

And now the error changes to "boot0: done" I don't understand anything O_O

EDIT3: I reinstalled choosing the Chimera bootloader option on the installation and still appearing the "boot0: error". Well, here it's 3 AM, I'll continue trying options tomorrow. Thanks for all :)