Trouble getting out of the gate

ebick

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I really hate this.....I bought a book called "Learning iPad Programming, A Hands On Guide......" It had great reviews.

I started with the "Hello World" app (xCode). I got through the first build/run, which essentially is a flashlight app. It then had me add a label which says "Hello World", which I did, no problem. But when I build/run, I still just get the flashlight, no label. I tried it a second time starting from scratch and had the same result.....it says successful build, the label is there in the development environment, but nothing in the simulator.....I am way too green at this point to have any real idea what to do......

Thanks in advance for any help

Start by posting the code?

I am not really sure what code I would post. The first step in the book is to simply create a new, effectively blank, single form, project called "Hello World". Seriously, nothing more than actually creating the project and clicking "run", which fires a build and then runs......this is effectively a flashlight app, and there is no code other than what xcode generates (which I took a brief look at one file and the amount of generated code for that was significant).

Next, I simply dragged a Label control onto the single form and change the text from label to "Hello World". This is where it fails for me....I click run, it says successful build, but then I still just see the flashlight, no label.