Cant boot snow leopard from hdd, modcd works fine

2 posts in this topic

So i installed snow leopard 10.6.8 to a 40gb hard drive i had laying around without a hitch using modcd method.

After install i tried booting straight to the hard drive but just got a black screen, I assumed this was because it couldnt recognise my 6870.

I then tried booting from modcd and selecting my hard drive with the mac os x installed, which worked.

Once in the mac operating system i tried installing some drivers etc. using ###### 3.3, ethernet was recognised and i was then able to connect to the internet.

I got loads of errors trying to install audio drivers.

I then restarted and tried to boot from hdd, failed again with black screen, so i went for the modcd method, this time i got double panic errors and it wont boot.

I assume this is the result of installing something from an old version of ###### that I shouldnt have

Did a fresh install, only selected essential installs from ###### 3.10.1 and included the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] then installed ati6000.kext, now when i try to boot direct from hard drive i get stuck on apple loading screen, I can still boot from modcd, can somebody help me with booting direct from hdd?

Thanks

Incase my system config doesnt come up here it is;

Asus P8P67, i5 2500k, 6870

6870 isnt recognised, havent got my cpu etc. recognised yet either, can anyone help me with the next logical step?