I Don't Want To GiveUp

4 posts in this topic

Hi Forum,

First of all , i would like to thank you for this amazing knowledge source that you've built here , this helped me in the past 3 years of trying to install OSx on any of my computers .

This month , i finally successfully installed IAktos L2 on my Fujitau LifeBook AH530 with the following specs :

CPU : Intel Core i3 M370 2.4 Ghz

RAM : 8GB DDR3

Graphics: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD ( DeviceID= 0x0046 VendorID= 0x8086 )

HDD: 1TB ( 50GB Partition For OSx )

at first i had a boot problem , i booted with the -v boot flag and it was halting at this line :

NTFS Volume xxxxxxx version 3.1 <----XXXXXX being the name of one of my partitions .

Apparently this is the last process that OSx goes through before loading the GUI , i searched the problem with the help of our dear friend Google and found that i have to delete the following kexts for Lion to boot :

All ATI , Nvidia & GeForce kexts

AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext

AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext

AppleIntelFrameBuffer.kext

and any other AppleIntelGMAxxxx Kext

Booted successfully and i almost jumped of my chair of happiness that i finally got it to work after 3 years and over 70GB of Downloaded distros and tools , but it hit me in the face once i saw the resolution of 1024x768 which i am currently stuck with !!

I previously had a successful install of SL Retail 10.6.3 with also the same problem , i tried the AppleIntelGraphicsHD latest kexts post here :

http://www.osx86.net/view/2539-intel_hd_graphics_latest.html

No Luck :( !!

i tried to force my native resolution in org.chameleon.Boot.plist and com.apple.boot.plist by adding the following :

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1366x768x32</string>

but again , No Luck :( !!

is there anything i am not doing or maybe , doing wrong ? i am stuck with no ideas , i've been testing and trying since the first tutorial about 10.6 installation on Intel PC's .

any help would be really appreciated and i am willing to edit and code if needed , i mainly need OSX for running Music Production Workstations such as Protools and Logic Pro , i am also interested in the IPhone and iPad development and Xcode .

PS : anyone got it to work on a Fujitsu Ah530 before ?

Best Regards , DoubleY

Intel HD Graphics is unfortunately unsupported. If you cannot force your display resolution using Graphics Mode, that simply means your VBIOS doesn't support that VESA Mode. Oh and BTW, you only have to delete AppleIntelHD and AppleIntelSNB kexts. The rest can stay.

Intel HD Graphics is unfortunately unsupported.

i think i'll sell my current laptop and buy the HP Probook 4530s , since it has the most support when in it comes to Kexts and the ease of installation .

you only have to delete AppleIntelHD and AppleIntelSNB kexts. The rest can stay.

i removed them by category , first ATI then rebooted , Stuck

Then Geforce Then rebooted , Again , Stuck

Then Intel and rebooted , STILL Stuck

finally when i removed the AppleIntelFrameBuffer.kext it worked .

PS : I only removed Graphics Kexts so no one else might get confused and remove essential kexts...

Thank You very much for your quick reply , and i will post my installation experience on the PB 4530s when i get one ... ;)