mac.hp.pc

install Mac os x lion on Master Boot Record (mbr) partition format

10 posts in this topic

hi i have install snow leopard 10.6.3 (iatkos s3 v2) on my hp dv6-2155ee laptop fully working with Ethernet, trackpad, sound and display(no WiFi, Bluetooth and the USB port can't read USB drive) . I try to install iatkos l2 on my computer but fail because of disk sector error so i use Niresh12495-lion. When i have to select the hard drive for the installation it said i need to format the Hard drive to GUID partition table (GPT). Do anyone know how to change mbr to gpt partition scheme without losing any data???? If i can't change the scheme, can i install window 7 on GPT partition scheme??????????

Advertisement

If you follow almost any of the Lion install guides here using retail method, they include patched OSInstall.mpkg which allows install on MBR, but with the distro your using I have no clue.

Thank for replying. :king: I heard some other website said it is possible thought a process of cloning a Hard Drive to another Hard Drive but i have to buy another Hard Drive. :(

Thank for replying. :king: I heard some other website said it is possible thought a process of cloning a Hard Drive to another Hard Drive but i have to buy another Hard Drive. :(

If it's not full, you should be able to shrink the existing partition to make room another partition to install OSX on. Windows diskutility that is hidden away in the administrator tools section should be able to do this part fine, then from Diskutility in the OSX installer make your hfs+ partition to instal lion on, just don't delete the windows bootloader/recovery partition. Again follow the retail install guides here cause not sure what Niresh12495-lion will or can do, or anyone who has ever used it, but installing to MBR is doable with the right installer.

I just burn the iATKOS on a different DVD and it work. I don't know why but it work. :worried_anim: I did make a hfs partition for mac lion but on the menu for the partition after i selected the hfs partition it's telling me i have to change the partition scheme.

what menu? Is this in disk utility or the installer's menu where you choose what drive you want to install OSX onto?

directions for what your doing are here http://iatkosfordummies.blogspot.com/2011/12/multiboot-with-iatkos-l2-lion-1072.html (that just happened to be the site, not implying anything :) )

well if mbr support is not included in iaktos, the modified osinstall.mpkg to enable it is linked on just about every installation tutorial on this site. Be sure any pre-formatting you do to the HD was done in the OSX disk utility which can be accessed from the installer under the "utilities" menubar menu

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By crazybirdy
      Patched OSInstaller.framework to allow macOS 10.13 installation on MBR partition.

To use those patched files you must follow HowTo-10.13.x to create an USB installer. You can't just run the app downloaded from Mac App Store.

The patch is made base on 落下爱@pcbeta 10.10.x MBR patch method, and more patch for 10.13 Firmware check by crazybirdy.

What is this patched OSInstaller doing?
      1. Patch the MBR check, allow macOS 10.13 installation on MBR partition.
      2. Patch the Firmware check, bypass the error of "An error occurred while verifying firmware".
      3. This patched MBR OSInstaller method works with both MBR and GPT partition (GPT+recovery).
      No longer need to set new SMbiosversion, FirmwareFeatures, and FirmwareFeaturesMask with this MBR-patch.

If you want to install to GPT, but still get the error of "An error occurred while verifying firmware".
      All you need to do is, boot the Disk1mbrInstaller, and it will automatically load to install the "GPT-partition/macOS Install Data" which you installed with "Install macOS High Sierra.app" of createinstallmedia installer method at first stage.

How to make 10.13 installer for MBR?
      Read HowTo-10.13.x.txt inside the zip file first, different with 10.12.
      Read HowTo Q/A Q7. How to install in different computer with only one USB partition?
      Read HowTo Q/A Q8. How to update 10.13.x combo-update to MBR without downloading the full installer app again?
      Read HowTo Q/A Q9. How to update 10.13.x combo-update to MBR and GPT with installScript directly?

And, need a /Extra/SMBIOS.plist supported with /System/Library/CoreServices/PlatformSupport.plist.
      Set a SMBIOS with Chameleon Wizard.

Work fine with Clover r4084+.

Work fine with Enoch r2885+.
      and /Extra/kernel.plist with
      <key>KernelBooter_kexts</key>
      <string>Yes</string>

10.13.4.17E199
      10.13.3.17D47
      10.13.2.17C88
      10.13.1.17B48
      10.13.0.17A405
        If you want to patch MBR by yourself, just read the HowToPatch-10.13.txt inside the zip file.
    • By zeg66
      Please help me with this 10.9.5 system. Motherboard: Gigabyte 965p-s3 rev3.3, gpu: Ati Radeon HD6450 (dvi/hdmi/vga). 
      Using any of the 3 ports on the 6450 (dvi, hdmi, vga), I see all the white letters on black background during boot but when they complete and it's time for the graphics to start I get a black screen and sometimes a restart after that. Using Clover 4411. Is there any way to get past this?
    • By crazybirdy
      Patched OSInstaller.framework to allow macOS 10.12 installation on MBR partition.

To use those patched files you must follow HowTo-10.12.x to create an USB installer. You can't just run the app downloaded from Mac App Store.

The patch is made base on 落下爱@pcbeta 10.10.x patch method

How to make 10.12 installer for MBR?

Open Install macOS Sierra.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg/BaseSystem.dmg first.
      1. Restore BaseSystem.dmg to HFS partition and rename the partition’s name as macOSMBR as /Volumes/macOSMBR/
      2. Copy InstallESD.dmg/BaseSystem.dmg to /Volumes/macOSMBR/
      3. Copy InstallESD.dmg/BaseSystem.chunklist to /Volumes/macOSMBR/
      4. Copy InstallESD.dmg/AppleDiagnostics.dmg to /Volumes/macOSMBR/
      5. Copy InstallESD.dmg/AppleDiagnostics.chunklist to /Volumes/macOSMBR/
      6. Remove /Volumes/macOSMBR/System/Installation/Packages
      7. Copy InstallESD.dmg/Packages to /Volumes/macOSMBR/System/Installation/Packages

8.OSInstaller replace to
      /Volumes/macOSMBR/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/OSInstaller.framework/Versions/A/OSInstaller

9. Copy InstallESD.dmg/Packages/Essentials.pkg/System/Library/Kernels/kernel
      to /Volumes/macOSMBR/System/Library/Kernels/kernel
      (use Pacifist v3.2.14 to access the contents of Essentials.pkg, and make directory /System/Library/Kernels first.)
      (Need kernel only if you use Chameleon with -f to boot the installer disk, needn't with Clover.)

10. Boot to /Volumes/macOSMBR/ to install macOS.

And, need a /Extra/SMBIOS.plist supported with /Volumes/macOSMBR/System/Library/CoreServices/PlatformSupport.plist.
      Set a SMBIOS with Chameleon Wizard.

Work fine with Enoch r2839+
      <string>Yes</string>
      https://postimg.org/image/bnmdi8cdl/

10.12.6.16G29
      10.12.5.16F73
      10.12.4.16E195
      10.12.3.16D32
      10.12.2.16C68
      10.12.1.16B2657
      10.12.0.16A323

If you want to patch MBR by yourself, here is the patch code, works on 10.12.0~10.12.6

perl -pi -e "s|\x48\x8B\x78\x28\x48\x85\xFF\x0F\x84\x91\x00\x00\x00\x48|\x48\x8B\x78\x28\x48\x85\xFF\x90\xE9\x91\x00\x00\x00\x48|g" OSInstaller
      codesign -f -s - OSInstaller

• By crazybirdy
      Patched OSInstall.mpkg and OSInstaller.framework to allow OS X 10.11 installation on MBR partition.

To use those patched files you must follow HowTo-10.11.x to create an USB installer. You can't just run the app downloaded from Mac App Store.

The patch is made base on 落下爱@pcbeta 10.10.x patch method

How to make 10.11 installer for MBR?

Open /Applications/Install OS X El Capitan.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg/BaseSystem.dmg first.
      1. Restore BaseSystem.dmg to HFS partition and rename the partition’s name as OSXMBR as /Volumes/OSXMBR/
      2. Copy InstallESD.dmg/BaseSystem.dmg to /Volumes/OSXMBR/
      3. Copy InstallESD.dmg/BaseSystem.chunklist to /Volumes/OSXMBR/
      4. Copy InstallESD.dmg/AppleDiagnostics.dmg to /Volumes/OSXMBR/
      5. Copy InstallESD.dmg/AppleDiagnostics.chunklist to /Volumes/OSXMBR/
      6. Remove /Volumes/OSXMBR/System/Installation/Packages
      7. Copy InstallESD.dmg/Packages to /Volumes/OSXMBR/System/Installation/Packages

OSInstall.mpkg replace to
      /Volumes/OSXMBR/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg

OSInstaller replace to
      /Volumes/OSXMBR/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/OSInstaller.framework/Versions/A/OSInstaller

9. Copy InstallESD.dmg/Packages/Essentials.pkg/System/Library/Kernels/kernel
      to /Volumes/OSXMBR/System/Library/Kernels/kernel
      (use Pacifist v3.2.14 to access the contents of Essentials.pkg, and make directory /System/Library/Kernels first.)
      (Need kernel only if you use Chameleon with -f to boot the installer disk, needn't with Clover.)

10. Boot to /Volumes/OSXMBR/ to install Mac OS X.

Work fine with Clover

Work fine with Enoch
      <string>Yes</string>

10.11.6.15G1011
      10.11.6.15G31
      10.11.5.15F34
      10.11.4.15E65
      10.11.3.15D21
      10.11.2.15C50
      10.11.1.15B42
      10.11.0.15A284

If you want to patch MBR by yourself, here is the patch code, works on 10.11.0 ~ 10.11.6

perl -pi -e 's|\x48\x8B\x78\x28\x48\x85\xFF\x74\x5F\x48\x8B\x85|\x48\x8B\x78\x28\x48\x85\xFF\xEB\x5F\x48\x8B\x85|g' OSInstaller
      codesign -f -s - OSInstaller
    • By HurricaneX
      Hey,guys,I wanna know how to install Supplementary Update(17A405) from App store using MBR For 10.13?It seemed that the update would never be applied when restarting to the desktop next time.Any suggestions to fix this?Thanks very much in advance!

Bootloader:Chameleon(10.12.6) + Clover(10.13) + MBR OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 + macOS Sierra 10.12.6 + macOS High Sierra 10.13 Processor: Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q9650 @3 GHz Motherboard: GA P43T S3L GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 2G RAM: 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Sound:Realtek ALC 888 Network: Realtek RTL8168D/8111D