• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
nparab

Jas AMD Install (HDD Partition vs VMWare)

1 post in this topic

Hello,

This is a newbie question. I have a AMD Athlon X2 system with Win 7 installed. I am trying to install OSx86 on a partition on the hard drive, using the "Jas-AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2" iso (Mac OS X 10.4.8)

The install goes successfully, but when I try to boot (using EasyBCD), the boot process restarts the pc after giving these messages:

Loaded HFS+ file: [system/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist] 408 bytes from xxxxxx

Loading Darwin 10.4

Loading kernel mach_kernel

Loaded HFS+ file: [mach_kernel] 4096 bytes from xxxxxxxx

Loaded HFS+ file: [mach_kernel] 4155392 bytes from xxxxxxx

[Then it restarts the pc]

I understand that many people have problem booting up after install and it has to do with complicated hardware combinations. But I can install the same ISO to VMWare and it boots up fine (within VMWare) with no problems. I don't want to use VMWare because it is slow.

So, my question is, if I can get it to boot on VMWare, doesn't it mean that an install made from the same ISO should run from the disk partition also? Can there be a simple fix? Or is it more complicated than that?

Edit:

====

When booting from both the install DVD "Jas-AMD" and in VMWare (in both cases the boot works fine) I get the following message:

Loading Darwin/x86 instead of the Loading Darwin 10.4 above. Maybe that has something to do with it?