Preliminary Questions and Conserns

2 posts in this topic

I've done a bit of research, but most of it was kind of outdated material which could of been changed in the 2-3 years since its been posted.

(Oh, and this is not my first time building a Hackintosh. I spent practically an entire summer researching and modding a vanilla 10.6.3 install to near perfection)

However, this is new for me in a sense because I'm using entirely different hardware, most of which I have no clue if it's supported or not.

So I'm looking for a bit of help from people who have similar hardware; if they can give me any user experiences and concerns, that'd be great!

So without further mumbling, here's my spec sheet and what I know works.

{Main Hardware}

- Asus M5A97 Motherboard - I'll do more research, but if anyone knows for sure there is a working DSDT for this, let me know.

- 16 GB Corsair Vengence Series RAM @ 1333 Mhz - Does SL/L even support this much?

- Nvidia PNY XLR8 GTX 560 Ti Graphics Card - Lion has 5xx support, so I'm 50% sure it'll work

- AMD FX-8150 (8-Core) CPU - I really need this confirmed...

- Linksys WMP300N - Only thing I can confirm will 100% work, as I used this in my last hackintosh build.

{Disks}

- 128 GB Corsair SSD - This will be soley deticated to OSX.

- 1 TB Seagate HDD - All my programs and photos, etc. Formatted to NTFS

- HP USB DVD - RW drive - I'm assuming this *should* work without giving me horrid off-sync errors like Linux used to.

So as you can see, most of this stuff I have no idea if it will even boot past the bootloader.

I'm not asking for any hand-holding, just for any tip-of-the-tounge information you may have. I will continue researching.

Updated(recent) AMD tutorial links would be appreciated!

Much thanks~

So besides me messing up the title ("Concern"), here's some extra information:

I took a look at Magic Mod. Burned it, waited.... waited... waited some more for that nice little boot screen to pop up.

However, it looked more geared towards 10.7.3 and .4 installs for AMD processors.

That won't work for me, as I have the 10.6.3 install CD.

I tried using an old TonyMacx86 ###### Legacy CD from two years ago, and the thing booted fine to the installation screen.

This would be all fine and dandy if it would replicate results for booting into the snow leopard installation.

So does anyone have any soultions on how to load an AMD mach kernel for 10.6.3?

And:

I bought 10.7.2 update online via the Apple Store (online download) a while ago.

1. Could I download this update and put it on a 16GB flash drive on a Windows machine?

2. Would that boot?^

3. Is there any 10.6.3 AMD mach kernel?