Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ALC888b DSDT front panel not working 10.7.4

1 post in this topic

I am on Lion 10.7.4 with an ALC888b chip on Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2H R7.

My rear green connector for speakers works in all of configurations I tried and it works fine.

My front green (headphones) and pink (mic in) connectors do not work in any configuration I tried. I am trying to get this working and need help.

Configurations I tried:

- MB4.5.2 with DSDT for my motherboard R7 (bios patched to newest revision), selected Patched AppleHDA -> ALC887/888b (and other stuff for my hardware which all works fine + UserDSDT)

- With MB4.5.2 replaced AppleHDA.kext with 887_Lion_AppleHDA_887-100202-1 (Fixed layout387.xml PathMapID) from http://www.tonymacx8...ic.php?p=367199

-- tried normal settings, then I used DSDT editor for next steps (edit /Extra/DSDT.aml, compile, save aml)

-- tried setting layout 387

-- tried setting layout 287

-- tried setting layout 887

In all configurations, my speakers on rear panel work. My headphones on front panel never work. I know that my DSDT editing was successful because after reboot I see different Output/Input available in Sound settings. I tried all Output settings but only the speakers work (of course I change the Output in Sound settings to try if headphones work, but they don't, and speakers work of course only when I select the 1st output in the list). I also looked if Mic connected to front works in Input but it never detects any input (I have mic connected of course).

What is perhaps interesting is that if I go to System Information, under Audio I will see "Intel High Definition Audio" that DOES have a Headphone listed under it, but under Sound I do not have the option to set Headphone as the Output. I only have Internal Speakers, Line Out (sometimes 2 of these depending on layout used) and Digital Out.

Help is appreciated!