Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

1 post in this topic

Hi everybody!

According to http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.7.2#Gigabyte, motherboard Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3 gives no problems during installation. So, I've choose following set of components:

Intel Core™ i5-2550K, 3.4 GHz, 1155

Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 (I wonder why guy described config at wiki miss "GA" part)

DDR 3 4096 Mb Kingston KVR1333D3N9/4G 1333 Mhz X4

1000 Gb HDD WD WD1002FAEX, 3.5 ", S-ATA, 7200

ASUS ENGTX560 DC/2DI/1GD5 NVidia GeForce GTX 560, 1024 Mb, GDDR 5, PCI-E, DVI, HDMI

I will put it in ZALMAN Z9 PLUS chassis, insert FireWire slot adapter in PCI slot. The system will be: 10.7.2

May be you give some advises what I can change to get even more easy install or to improve performance (without spend much more resourses) or maybe some of components is bad to install hackos)))

PS: I will use mac for music recording/mixing in Logic and video editing in FinalCutPro.

PPS: I've already has 10.7.2 on my PC, it works fine.