Side Effect of SleepEnabler.kext (D430 SL/Lion)

Elim

2 posts in this topic

I used EDP from osxlatitude.com to get a working snow leopard on Dell Latitude D430 U7700.

Besides some hardware limitations, the system is stable and functions pretty well.

I used SleepEnabler.kext to make sleep/awake work (install the kext and set system password in Bios). It works but I found som side effects:

1) After awake from sleep, cammand+shift+4 (make screenshot) will not work (os doesn't response the command anymore).

2) Close the laptop lid wait until the system sleeps and reopen the lid, the bios prompts the system password, enter the password to resume the computer state, put mouse cursor to input field like Finder's search field, safari's web search field etc, you'll see it automatically enter endless 7's to the field! (Hit any key should be able to stop that)

3) If you use Simplified Chinese PinYin, you'll find it can still be turned on and off but actually cannot enter Chinese anymore (it behaves just like it doesn't turned on nomatter what you do).

Logout and re login will not kill the problem. If you need those to work normally, you have to reboot. They are working and only working before the 1st time it goes sleep.

Anyone knows the explanation and solution? Thanks a lot

• 2 weeks later...

I used EDP from osxlatitude.com to get a working snow leopard on Dell Latitude D430 U7700.

Besides some hardware limitations, the system is stable and functions pretty well.

I used SleepEnabler.kext to make sleep/awake work (install the kext and set system password in Bios). It works but I found som side effects:

1) After awake from sleep, cammand+shift+4 (make screenshot) will not work (os doesn't response the command anymore).

2) Close the laptop lid wait until the system sleeps and reopen the lid, the bios prompts the system password, enter the password to resume the computer state, put mouse cursor to input field like Finder's search field, safari's web search field etc, you'll see it automatically enter endless 7's to the field! (Hit any key should be able to stop that)

3) If you use Simplified Chinese PinYin, you'll find it can still be turned on and off but actually cannot enter Chinese anymore (it behaves just like it doesn't turned on nomatter what you do).

Logout and re login will not kill the problem. If you need those to work normally, you have to reboot. They are working and only working before the 1st time it goes sleep.

Anyone knows the explanation and solution? Thanks a lot

Looks like Lion 10.7.4 fixed some of the issues