iAtkos install problems. Reboot Loop. Bios? Multiboot with HP Pavilion G6 AMD

dave88

2 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I'm trying to install iAtkos on a dual boot with Windows 7. I'm using a HP Pavilion G6 AMD Laptop the specs are:

AMD A8-3500 (SSE 1,2,3,4A)

Hewlett Packard 3566 Mainboard

6GB RAM

1TB HDD

AMD Radeon HD 6620G HD Graphics

I have partitioned the HDD appropriately and installed iAtkos V7. The installation seems to go well and I have used Chameleon Bootloader. When I try and boot iAtkos it goes on a reboot loop. I've tried various combinations ( -v, cpusid=1, etc etc) all that I've found through forums. None seem to work. I've fixed the boot issue with Windows and that works fine again.

I think the issue may be my BIOS? I can't edit any of the options, I literally have the computer information, the option to do a couple of diagnostic tests etc. The only changes I can make is to the boot sequence. Therefore I'm wondering if the BIOS can't support running iAtkos.

Any thoughts anyone?

Dave

According to the instructions - read them, they are quite lengthy - they are the 2nd panel in on the installer - an AMD machine must select an alternate kernel. I would select the Voodoo 9.5.0.

Now don't despair, you don't have to reinstall. They set up the installer such that if you uncheck EVERYTHING first and then check the kernel, that is all that will get installed.