Installing iATKOS L2 on an Asus F50SF-x1a

pbgodwin

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm currently trying to install Lion on my now dormant Asus F50SF, and am not really sure what I am doing. I suppose I should first start off with the specs of the machine:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo T6500

Chipset:

SiS M671DX

RAM: 4GB

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 220M

Audio: Onboard Audio

LAN: Onboard

I'm trying to turn this machine into my first hackintosh, but I have absolutely no clue how to do this. I have gone ahead and downloaded the iATKOS L2 DMG, and have tried flashing it to a Flash Drive using the dd command on my Ubuntu machine, but when I try to plug the flash drive into my laptop and boot it with chameleon, the computer simply restarts. I have no access to any device running Mac OS X, and I would really like to get this working. Any suggestions or help?

Just a brief update: I can now get it to boot (slightly) from a burnt iATKOS L2 DVD. The problem is now, my machine hangs at "Still waiting for Root Device". I try to go into BIOS to change any of the AHCI settings, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that on this laptop.

I don't want to be a downer, but the SiS M671DX chipset is a major problem. Generally it is an Intel or Nvidia nForce chipset. I don't think you'll get OSX to boot the SiS chipset.

Do a Google: SiS M671DX insanelymac

You won't find anyone who successfully boot with the chipset.

• 2 years later...

+1 Not gonna happen

I have the Asus N90SC with SiS M671DX  chipset and i have a Yosemite USB boot stick, MacPwn, and it boots, but i cannot make it so ir recognize my harddisk. No ahci in bios.

I tried Mulibeast: 3rd party SATA and Intel Generic AHCI Sata and i tried several other IoAtaFamilt.kext drivers

No succes so far, but i have a bootable installer 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Boot Banner</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1366x768x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>