Going to install the crap out of some Snow Leopard up in this piece

7 posts in this topic

Hey all,

Just got a retail edition of SL, and I'm going to try to slap it on a spare M4 SSD. I've got an M4A79XTD mobo w/ a 965 BE, 8gb DDR3, and a Sapphire 4850x2 card. Any advice as to a good starting point?

Edit: Yeah, that's what I thought — A BUNCH OF LILY LIVERED SISSIES.

What's with the 'tude? You're asking for our help yet you are insulting us. Not a very good way to start a relationship.

Anyway, to boot your nice new retail SL, you need a boot CD. Download and burn Nawcom's ModCD: http://www.osx86.net/view/2298-nawcom_modcd_0.3.2.html

To help guide you with how to work with it, read through this guide: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=269841

If you can't take the heat, get out of the fire bra, because this train is rolling out at midnight and there ain't no conductor takin' stubs. If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything, amirite?

That having been said, thanks for the links - will read up this evening, report back. I anticipate at least 3 electrical fires will result from this project.

Oh, GOD! I'm going to blow my face off. This is harder than others led me to believe it was. I'm currently on my sunkissed patio typing away from my laptop, because my PC no longer recognizes any of the 4 HDDs inside of it. I'm assuming that getting them re-recognized is just a matter of making a USB repair disc—I must have screwed up creating the USB bootloader—but I feel like if I let myself do that, I'll never get this done.

Edit: I think I've made progress. I had to open 'er up and reconnect an old DVD burner, but things seem to be progressing much more smoothly with the DVD bootloader as compared to the USB. Will keep you posted.