Can't install ANY updates!

11 posts in this topic

Hello, i haven't been around the hackintosh universe for years, but the last hours i was back on... I want to do a clean install on a Wind u100, i succeed that but i can't install ANY UPDATES!!!! i have combo 10.6.2, 10.6.4, 10.6.8 etc... No matter which, it just fails before starting. I see in console many "Package kit : Missing bundle path, skipping bundle..." which are all the apps supposed to be update... What the hell am i supposed to do?! Please help :(

PS: Installed with 10.6 retail DVD image & NetbookMaker/Installer (what i did years ago and worked perfectly)...

In the installer, under the Window menu is the installer log. Read that for more clues as to why the installation is failing. In some cases, probably not yours, but worth a look, a certificate has expired. The solution to that is to turn back your calendar a year or so such that it thinks the certificate is still valid. But the installer log should give you a better understanding of the problem.

In the installer, under the Window menu is the installer log. Read that for more clues as to why the installation is failing. In some cases, probably not yours, but worth a look, a certificate has expired. The solution to that is to turn back your calendar a year or so such that it thinks the certificate is still valid. But the installer log should give you a better understanding of the problem.
I'm reinstalling now with retail 10.6.3 so i'll check that just after but 10.6.8 is not old, why would that be a certificate issue? Please explain me that...

The certificate isn't in 10.6.8. The certificate is in 10.6.0 and 10.6.8 checks that certificate.

From an Apple document:

The certificate used by Apple to sign many updates for OS X Lion and Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard expires on March 23, 2012.

From a blog: http://derflounder.w...ate-expiration/

Hi,

I found a workaround for this. Change your system’s date setting to an earlier date and rerun the package installer. Disable automatic date/time sync in the system prefs to make sure it does not resync with Apple nntp servers.

It proved to work for a MacOS 10.6.8 combo update package installer on my side.

Good luck,

That was it! {censored} certificates, i lost hours cause of that {censored}... Many thanks! Now i hope 10.6.8 is gonna end well and reboot without KP...

I'll just reinstall NetbookInstaller at the end and it should be fine, it handled 10.6.6 well, so that should be ok for this one too, what do you say?

EDIT: The install failed in the end and i can't even register the log on my usb drive... On top of that, i can't install the needed kernel file cause it says "waiting for other install to end" even though i closed all... Hell!!! EDIT2: Ok finally it was installed, i guess now i have no other choice than rebooting and either dancing or slamming this sh** over the walls...

EDIT3: Installed nawcom legacy kernal for 10.6.8 and NBI. Reboot fine but black & white screen with text input, i can tell it's login screen but i don't have a pass. So i just press enter, it seems loading then goes back to the same... Tried boot without cache, same. Safe boot loads login screen, then it's the same : Starting to load after pressing enter then goes back to login screen... Hell boot!

A picture would be nice. Is it asking for a username and password or does it just say "root:"?

When you installed SL, did you ever go through and set up the primary user (ie you)? i can't understand why you don't have a password.

A picture would be nice. Is it asking for a username and password or does it just say "root:"?

When you installed SL, did you ever go through and set up the primary user (ie you)? i can't understand why you don't have a password.

Of course i made the set up, how would you avoid it?! In fact i voluntary choose to not have a pass, bad idea maybe... But i don't think this is the reason it refuse booting at all, the install failed, this is logical something's {censored}ed up... Safe boot showed my user name account, not root, that's all. I joined a pic, this is all i could capture.

errorse.jpg

PS: The board is extremely slow, dunno if it's today or always, anyway i often edit, so if a message seems not clear.. Just wait few minutes.

So, it looks like a reinstall.

When did you download your combo 10.6.8 update? There were two of them. Apple published a 10.6.8 update them pulled it and published a 10.6.8 v1.1 update, I don't know which one you have but the later one MAY be better.