RTL 8139D or RTL 8139C

homeyj

3 posts in this topic

this is my first attempt in the mac world so go easy. i have snow leopard on a lenovo m90 desktop. everything is working as it should except for my network card. i have tried a RTL 8139D and C and when i first add them it recognizes it and it works great. if i reboot or shut it down it then is gone. i have tried deleting the mkext file and reloading the kext to no avail. am i just missing something? any suggestions?

thanks in advance!

How did you install your 8139 kext? And from where did you get it?

I have had a RTL 8139 and worked always perfect. Just run myfix after install. (Download myHack and open it there is a button to go to myfix) After that reboot and you should be up and running.

i just tried that and still no luck. now i cannot get it to see the network card at all anymore. i deleted all the kexts i had installed for networking and i will install them one by one and see if that fixes it. if anyone has any other suggestions i am all ears!

what kext did you use for that 8139?