4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I see that Settings menu is very limited on iOS simulator comparing to real iPhone. IS there any change I would be able to install(test) profile configuration files on iOS simulator? (at the moment I can only "see" if structure is correct since improper structure will simply throw error when parsing xml).

Thanks

The simulator can only do so much is the thing there are of course certain things like testing the camera, microphone, etc that you won't be able to do via the simulator. If you're really dev testing you'll want to do it amongst different devices with at least one real device to begin with. Profiles of course can be installed on a regular iPhone that's linked to a dev account so don't depend or look to the simulator to resolve all your issues it's just a sim and not an actual device. The sim of course can't parse the xml data so just hook in your iPhone and test out your app that way. I personally use the sim just to test out little things here and there but nothing beats an actual device when it comes on to real world testing.

• Like 1

Thank you for this information TH3L4UGH1NGM4N.

I recently started with development with iOS (hard to call making xml generator development but still), and for now I cannot afford a real device but obviously that must be done sooner or later.

Issue resolved.

It's still a form of devving don't belittle yourself you've done something. The sim should hopefully suffice for the time being until you get a device to further your testing so don't look at it a rock in the road to stop at just move around it and keep going.

Always glad to help out man you're welcome. :star_sunglasses: