Mountain Lion DP2 USB Wireless Adapter issues

gdg444

2 posts in this topic

I have two different USB wireless adapters, (adaptors) one is a Linksys (Cisco) rangeplus adapter that I have been using for a long time with great results on Snow Leopard and Lion 10.7.3.

Now trying to use with Mountain Lion DP2.

It uses Ralink 2870 drivers and just connects and disconnects every few seconds in Mountain Lion DP2, can not get on internet.

Other USB adapter is a Belkin N600 DB FDL 1101 (Broadcom Chip BCM4323, I have NEVER had it working in any version of OS X. It will show up in system information as a device that has not been configured, I have attempted to add the device ID with no luck. (Not sure I know what I'm doing)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 4 months later...

Yesterday I installed 10.8 and had the same issue. I tried a lot of drivers/solutions and presently ended up with this:

http://www.osx86.net/view/1653-lion_wifi_sitecom_608_usb_--_ralink_rt28_...html

You will get rid of the ugly Ralink utility and have a "correct" wireless icon in the menu bar.

The only thing I'm not lucky with is that you have to start the "Ralink Wireless" preference manually after (re-)boot to connect. No big topic for me at the moment, but I think there will be a way to automate this.

Good luck!