SB Audigy 2 NX@22.000 Khz only

galeot

7 posts in this topic

Hi everybody I've a SB Audigy 2 NX and it only works @22.000Khz on the analogic line. I wonder if it's a problem of USB, I only see 2 hi-speed ports in the window info "about this mac" and seems like the SB is not connected to a hi-speed USB port, I'm not sure but I think that with low frequencies I cannot edit a video @48.000Khz (still waiting for the new Macvidia driver with QE/CI support so I cannot try).

Any idea on how to let this card work properly on a SPDIF plug?

Thanks galeot

• 2 months later...

I have this same problem with my NX. How do you fix this? I want to do 5.1 surround with Final Cut and that's not very easy with such low khz and only 2 speakers.

I am using JaS 10.4.8. When I first started up my computer with OS X, I didn't have USB, so I had to go to apple's website and download the 10.4.8 IOUSBFamily.kext file. My USB works, and sound works, but I get the low sample rate. When I went back and tried to install the SoundBlaster.USB.Audio.Support.pkg my USB didn't work, so I had to go back again and download the 10.4.8 kext again and install it so my USB works. I get sound, but it's crappy, and I don't get any multi-channel speakers.

I've searched through the forum and I haven't found anyone with the same problem.

Anyone know how to solve this? It looks like the Soundblaster.USB.Audio.Support.pkg is for 10.4.6, and since I'm running 10.4.8 it disables USB, so even if that would make the sound work, I can't plug in my sound card to even see!!!

Thanks!!

There are no Audigy Drivers out yet, please look into the Wiki for the HCL.

I work as long there nor Drivers out for Audigy1/2 with an Genius Soundmaker Value 5.1 (C-Media 8738) only around 14 Euro (16 to 18 USD) and itworks just fine.

Some said that the Soundblaster Live USB works flawless too.