Need the install DVD in the Drive to Boot?

DrewDigity

2 posts in this topic

I just installed Myzars 10.4.6 Install DVD and everything went fine during the install. But When I reboot I need the disk in the drive for OSX to start. This also makes it impossible to run XP as well because I have to make the DVD first in the boot sequence. If I take the Install DVD out and restart I get the message Strike F1 to retry reboot, F2 for system setup utility. Any idea whats going on here?

If I take the Install DVD out and restart I get the message Strike F1 to retry reboot, F2 for system setup utility

When I reboot I need the disk in the drive for OSX to start.

Does your computer have a recovery partition? The F1/F2 message is not an OSX message but sounds like something that would be found on a recovery partition.

Did you set the OSX partition active? Use the following guide and set BIOS to boot the disk with OSX on it first.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=22844

At some point, you will also want to get the Darwind bootloader to appear. Setting the timeout parameter will force the Darwin (OSX) bootloader to appear.

Boot into OSX.

Edit the boot.plist file at "/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist" and add the following:

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>10</string>

You can edit the file by dragging it to the Desktop and editing it with TextEdit, then dragging it back, answering the 2 resulting dialogs - Authenticate and yes to replace, then followed by using Disk Utility to repair permissions on the OSX partition.

Or you can do it via Terminal with this command:

sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist