windows VMWare AMD OSX cpu disabled by guest OS

5 posts in this topic

I'm running Windows 7 on a amd A8-3800 APU CPU with workstation 8.0.2

I have tried different vmware ready lion images that were advertised as amd/intel images but just keep getting "cpu disabled by guest operating system"

I've attached my log file and vmx file in a zip in hope that this could help find a resolution

Mac OS X Lion.zip

• 1 month later...

They were falsely advertised from what i've observed,as nobody managed to run them.It is possible to run it,just needs a lot of work and i didn't have the nerve to do it in VMWare but..check this out.It is my OSX Lion 10.7.2 running in Virtualbox,just did it to demonstrate. 1. hard drives must be SCSI drives. 2. if you are trying to run 10.7.3,you need SCSI kexts from 10.7.2 ... 3. you must edit your vmx, find the line defining the firmware and put "BIOS" instead of "efi" . Then install with a method of your choice.. be it a leo/snow leo distro and then installing on the other partition on the virtual drive or whatever.Some standard kexts apply ofc.

post-691786-0-47607200-1336507466_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...

They were falsely advertised from what i've observed,as nobody managed to run them.It is possible to run it,just needs a lot of work and i didn't have the nerve to do it in VMWare but..check this out.It is my OSX Lion 10.7.2 running in Virtualbox,just did it to demonstrate. 1. hard drives must be SCSI drives. 2. if you are trying to run 10.7.3,you need SCSI kexts from 10.7.2 ... 3. you must edit your vmx, find the line defining the firmware and put "BIOS" instead of "efi" . Then install with a method of your choice.. be it a leo/snow leo distro and then installing on the other partition on the virtual drive or whatever.Some standard kexts apply ofc.

hey thanks for the reply, sorry for long reply from myself..... do you by chance know where I could get scsi kexts from? and maybe a guide on what to do?

• 3 months later...

I'm running VMWare 7.1.4 workstation on windows 7 x64 on a 4 proc dell precision workstation laptop.

I've used albert's unlocker to successfully create a bootable vm of snow leopard, however everytime I try to upgrade it to mountain lion (I needed to run xcode 4 and 4.2 only runs on lion apparently)

everytime I do the upgrade, we get to the reboot, and get the dreaded "Cpu has been disabled". Ive done this with a clean vm, and with an old one.

I'm sure this is getting to be aFAQ question, I've read through all the posts I can find, most of them are for ESX5 or Workstation 8 with regard to lion.

Has anyone got lion under workstation 7, if so, how ?

Chris

My proc is listed as intel core (quad) 2 Q9100 at 2.2.6GHz

I gave the vm's 4 G of ram, and plenty of disk.