A question for the badasses among us!

1 post in this topic

EDIT:

It seems that this entire issue was related to FakeSMC. I updated it to the latest version, which caused the Kernel Panic. had to stick with 2.5.

Hey guys! :)

I'm running (or attempting to) Hazard's 10.6 Snow Leopard distro on my Toshiba M55-S135. When booting, I get a Kernel Panic. I've tried everything (google'd, searched insanelymac) and got nothing.

Here's the Panic:

panic (cpu 0 caller 0x2a7e57): kernel trap at 0x20cee069, type 14=page fault, registers:
Error code: 0x00000000

- Multiple backtraces that don't tell me anything, don't list functions or kexts causing problem -

EDIT: The panic I'm getting is very similar to this one: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=213230 (the fixes in that thread don't work, however)

I've booted with -v in attempt to see what happens right before the panic, but the Panic's backtrace attempt pushes everything that came before off-screen. I should mention that I can boot successfully into Safe Mode. Any help? Please! Thanks in advance! :D

EDIT: After more experimentation (multiple installs and headaches) I've discovered that this kernel panic only happens after I repair Kexts inside the OS. When I reboot, YAAY FREE KERNEL PANICS. Hopefully this helps?