wizard cannot find install partition

OlivierSeres

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've followed Complete OSX 10.4.7 Dual Boot guide instructions.

Install procedure of "Mac Install Disk OS x86 10.4.6" image stops when the wizard asks for a partition : boxes are blank.

ie

Question : "select a destination volume to install MacOsX software": there is no choice

I've previously :

1°) Left free space

2°) Created a 2nd partition (format AF) with "create partition primary id=af" command (verified with Partition Magic )

Partition AF doesn't get a letter (only :*.)

Can you help me ?

http://oseres.com

(Install on Thinkpad T41 laptop)

At that point in the installation, you have to go to the Utilities menu and choose Disk Utility to format the partition.

Select your OSX partition on the left and on the right select Erase. Be sure it is set to MacOS Extended Journaled and click the Erase button.

Close Disk Utility and your partition should appear in the installer.

Thanks Rammjet,

I finaly succeeded in creating the mac partition !

The installation process could continue but when i came back 20mn later, there was an apple with a "one way" sign and a the little wheel underneath.

After rebooting on HD, same screen .

Any explanation ?

I wonder if my version is valid : it is an image called "Mac Install Disk OS x86 10.4.6"

Thanks

The installation process could continue but when i came back 20mn later, there was an apple with a "one way" sign and a the little wheel underneath.

If you used one of the many installation guides, you wouldn't be falling into these common newbie traps.

During the installation, right before clicking the Install button, you had to click the Customize button and select packages for your computer. Beside the patches category is a little arrow that you click to reveal the individual pavkages. Choose Intel packages, not AMD. Choose SSE2 or SSE3, not both, depending upon the capability of your processor. Choose the 10.4.6 Combo update if you want to end up with 10.4.6,

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...ost&id=4249