• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
guitmz

Wireless Mini PCI-e recommendation

17 posts in this topic

Hey!

I have a RTL8188CE wireless pci-e card, but i cant manage it to work..

thing is.. should i buy a usb dongle or another mini pci-e card to use with snow leo/lion?

please give me some recommendations!

thanks a lot

is this a good idea??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Atheros-AR5B95-AR9285-Half-Mini-PCI-E-card-antenna-/230456770114

with ar9285 dsdt fix it might. and atherosairport with version 4 firmware and 10.6.5+

ar9285 is id 2B ar9281 is id 2A

I actually just bought a mini pcie adapter for myself then bidded and won an airport extreme card for ~$4 so around $14 spent and I have a native solution to an always working Airport cardphoto.JPG

the older apple cards atheros (2006- 2009) wont work in dell laptops for some reason. only the newer ath9k work.

so if thats ar5008x Ar6bxb72 i couldnt use it in my laptop. but works fine in some other laptops and in desktops.

if i rebranded device id of ar5bxb62 to non mac it worked exambple change 1c to 1014 (ibm) subven 58A then it would work.. seems it alters the way it uses pci-e bus

The broadcom 4322 works out the box. Recognized as third party card. You can rebrand it to an apple one too

yeah i've tought abt the 4322 but it doesnt support monitor mode and i need this to work with linux.. atheros seems to support it, hope it works on lion.. still waiting for it arrive