Mobility Radeon X1400 Help on Lion

Sorixas

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys...

Alright, so I've been to a whole bunch of threads about this video card both here and elsewhere. A lot of places have said that it doesn't bode well for OSx86, but I've seen multiple threads where people have got it working, most notably this one. I've followed that guide to the letter, and for all intents and purposes, it seems to have worked, except...

Whenever I put in the Device ID into ATIRadeonX1000.kext, repair permissions and reboot, I've gotten many different outcomes.

Lion (10.7.0):

• After loading everything at the EFI (automatic -v -f), it seems to stall at a black screen with a white box in the top right corner. I can type in it, and occasionally the mouse cursor flickers in and out of existence. I can move the mouse, but only in that short (half a second to a full second) span.
  • If I just put in RadeonHD.kext, the OS loads with a lot of fragmented text, and nothing else.

Snow Leopard (10.6.2):

• I've gotten it to mostly work here, inputting the Device ID into ATIRadeonX1000 provides me with the ability to change the resolution, but nothing else. The cursor gets completely obliterated, only showing a glitched mass of blocks. It still works, however.
  • If I try to add RadeonHD.kext to this, the screen turns into a garbled mess of colours.
  • Very rarely after reinstalling the OS and putting in X1000, the screen glitches, getting chopped up into blocks, making it unusable.

I've also tried EVOEnabler on Lion with different names (I tried Wormy and Caretta), but nothing. I've been trying this for a few months now on and off. Most times I can't try RadeonHD, since X1000.kext stops the OS X GUI from even loading on Lion.

I'm using a Dell Inspiron E1505/6400 running OS X Lion 10.7 at 1024x768 at the moment. Everything else works. Is there any way to get past that black screen with the white square?

• 4 months later...

Snow Leopard:

- use ATIRadeonX1000 patched with your device ID (the 0x7... thing)

- don't use RadeonHD kext or any other graphics patch, simply boot with GrapicsEnabler=yes

To prevent the cursor from crashing when entering a fullscreen application like VLC, I'm using a program called PinPoint

What it does is drawing a circle around your cursor all the time, it was usually made for presentations that it's easier for your audience to follow your cursor however it prevents the cursor from glitching into star dust. You can set the transparency of this circle to almost zero so it won't disturb you.

Here are my instructions for a ThinkPad R60 (UL1DXGE) with X1400 Mobility

to Lion:

I'm pretty sure that this graphics card doesn't work with Lion.. I'm struggling with it since 2 days and there's no solution in sight - I think the guy who said that he got the graphics card running in Lion is either lying or thinking he has OS X Lion because of a Lion wallpaper.. don't know but his kexts aren't working at all and by the way I'm stuck with the same white bar at the top..

• 2 weeks later...

Snow Leopard:

- use ATIRadeonX1000 patched with your device ID (the 0x7... thing)

- don't use RadeonHD kext or any other graphics patch, simply boot with GrapicsEnabler=yes

To prevent the cursor from crashing when entering a fullscreen application like VLC, I'm using a program called PinPoint

What it does is drawing a circle around your cursor all the time, it was usually made for presentations that it's easier for your audience to follow your cursor however it prevents the cursor from glitching into star dust. You can set the transparency of this circle to almost zero so it won't disturb you.

Here are my instructions for a ThinkPad R60 (UL1DXGE) with X1400 Mobility

to Lion:

I'm pretty sure that this graphics card doesn't work with Lion.. I'm struggling with it since 2 days and there's no solution in sight - I think the guy who said that he got the graphics card running in Lion is either lying or thinking he has OS X Lion because of a Lion wallpaper.. don't know but his kexts aren't working at all and by the way I'm stuck with the same white bar at the top..

Sorry for my Engrish ;)

Working on my Toshiba Satellite A100 on Lion and Snow Leopard, with Lion the cursor corrupted some times, disappear others or stay fixed on one corner, making the cursor very big repair this.

Mi kexts and Extra configs, deleted UUID and serial.

http://www.mediafire...fkfr89m1mshj8gj

Some kexts from 10.6.7 and some from 10.6.8, 64 bits kernel.

post-78949-0-76687400-1342652816_thumb.png