Slow 3d

ThaHackBoy

6 posts in this topic

I installed Jas 10.4.7 and applied the SemJaza 10.4.7 AMD decrypts. So I use an AMD Athlon 64 3200+ with SSE2. Also I installed the MacVidia Driver 1.08 for my XFX Geforce 6600GT(PCI-E)

But I think my graphics card isn't recognised. Resolution works and all, but for example the screen saver goes very slow. Also, in Xbench I get openGL performance around 30 points :S

Can I do something about that? (also when i boot, it says something like could not load com.Apple.Geforce)

My second little problem is that software updates & the mac os x installer don't work. It opens, but then the spinning ball just stays and keeps spinnning & I have to force quit.

From macvidia's site:

This is the last release of our driver without QE, CI or GL support and we want to have a solid driver base working before we release our GLDriver.

Did you install the sse2 patch? Also what does your console logs say when trying to open the installer or updates?

The Macvidia driver doesn't support acceleration yet:

(from the Macvidia site for v1.0.8):

This is the last release of our driver without QE, CI or GL support...

To see your console.log, go to the Utilites folder, open the app called Console, click Logs in the upper left, click console.log on the left, read the log on the right.

Ok didn't notice that about the macvidia drivers :)

But this is my console.log for installer:

Sep 15 18:58:25 ingo-valentes-computer : @(#)PROGRAM:Install PROJECT:Install-139 DEVELOPER:root BUILT:May 23 2006 08:57:33\n

Sep 15 18:58:25 ingo-valentes-computer : @(#)PROGRAM:Installer PROJECT:Installer-94 DEVELOPER:root BUILT:Jan 13 2006 18:32:16\n

Sep 15 18:58:25 ingo-valentes-computer : Hardware: ADP2,1 @ 3700 MHz, 1024 MB

Sep 15 18:58:25 ingo-valentes-computer : Running OS Build: 8J2135

Sep 15 18:58:25 ingo-valentes-computer : iWork '06 Installation Log

Sep 15 18:58:25 ingo-valentes-computer : Opened from: /Volumes/iWork ’06/Packages/iWork.pkg

Sep 15 18:58:26 ingo-valentes-computer : It took 1.126307 seconds to finish launching.

It says everything is fine, but I still get the spinning ball forever....